Iowa game

is bigg10 for real here...? sounds like a lot of selective memory to me...

1. Remember no one has beat Iowa by more than 7 in many years now: how about twice (PSU and MSU) just this year alone...?

2. besides a couple years Iowa has been a top 20 D for about 10 years: they've had a top 20 defense in 4 of the last 10 years, not quite the 8 out of 10 that you suggest...

3. and a top 10 many times: many times is actually just once (2009) in that 10 year time frame, and this year will definitely not add to that...

Iowa is giving up 23.5 pp this year and has the 67th ranked defense, it's not much of a stretch to think Nebraska will score 30 points in this game, don't let one good performance against a handcuffed Denard fool you, the Iowa defense is not very good this year, my guess is 31-17 Nebraska...

Just to defend bigg10 a little bit - he posted this before the season and at that time we hadn't lost by more than a TD in several years. I knew our D wouldn't be as good this year - but I would have never guessed it would be as piss poor horrible as it turned out to be.

2010: 7

2009: 10

2008: 8

2007: 15

2006: Bleh

2005: 20

2004: 17

2003: 10

That is all the further back Yahoo stats goes and I don't feel like looking around anymore since 7 out of the past 8 in the top 20 and top 10 the past 3 years kind of proves that he knew what he was talking about and you don't with respect to Iowa's defense. These numbers are pts/game since points are what win and lose games.