Wisconsin

My reason for this rant is simple. We are going into the big ten because we fit the culture, tradition, money is better, academics, and texas is not in it. But as far as what we put on the field is completely different. Nebraska will never be a Big 10 type team. Bo knows what wins and thats physicality, fundamentals, and speed. just look at who we're recruiting, we fit an SEC mold on D and heading towards a Oregon/ high octane big 12 O. Bo knows this style has been the thorn in the big 10's back. always has been. always will be. Just open your eyes and see what the coaches are telling you. We are going to dictate!. Our D dictates our opponents. We're shaping our O to dictate just like them. We're putting the speed on the field. We're going to be fast paced. when it gets to that point, forget your schemes boys, its all about who's faster and who's better. right now nebraska is winning that battle.

How did that Oregon High octane offense fair against a big 10 defense in the Rose Bowl?

ok well in that case you are right. but in the end, who has the crystal balls? nebraska is molding itself into being a top team. best Defense's? SEC. Best O? Oregon. big 12. big ten has some good teams in the middle of the pack. but man the SEC is getting LSU, Florida, Auburn, Alabama to win it all. honestly i think your numbers might be the big ten beating vandy and kentucky lol. because their top four beats ours. cause despite those stats, how often do they play and what teams are playing? cause if they played consistently, i believe those numbers would be different. now im just saying because i havent looked up what those match ups were.

My reason for this rant is simple. We are going into the big ten because we fit the culture, tradition, money is better, academics, and texas is not in it. But as far as what we put on the field is completely different. Nebraska will never be a Big 10 type team. Bo knows what wins and thats physicality, fundamentals, and speed. just look at who we're recruiting, we fit an SEC mold on D and heading towards a Oregon/ high octane big 12 O. Bo knows this style has been the thorn in the big 10's back. always has been. always will be. Just open your eyes and see what the coaches are telling you. We are going to dictate!. Our D dictates our opponents. We're shaping our O to dictate just like them. We're putting the speed on the field. We're going to be fast paced. when it gets to that point, forget your schemes boys, its all about who's faster and who's better. right now nebraska is winning that battle.

How did that Oregon High octane offense fair against a big 10 defense in the Rose Bowl?

HAHA you mean the one with Masoli and Blount? and not with Huff, Barner(he became a superstar this past year), and Thomas with James? yeah good one. plus you're talking about Ohio St. which i mentioned being the big dog who can have games like that.

and that game had a lot to do with Oregon's D as well. that was Pryors best game but did he do that last year? i dont think he did. plus Oregon's O is even better now than it was then.

Edited by Vince R.

Oh and if they think that they're gonna be ok just running the ball and being one dimensional. not happening, Bo feasts on one dimensional teams. Our D is set up like a SEC's D. Who's been locking down Big 10 O's in the past ten years?? Sec Defense's. I rest my case

Btw didnt TCU's D contain one of Wisconsin's best offenses in school history? ha. like i said, i like our chances this year.

They're going to run to set up the pass. Lot harder to blitz the QB and cover the receivers when you have 9 in the box.

The past 10 years? Really? Care to post proof of that? Because the Big10 holds a 16-15 record against the SEC in the BCS era.

And Wisconsin didn't even try to run against TCU which is why they lost.

But feel free to underestimate Wisconsin at Madison.

I believe the Big Ten has a 1-6 record against Nebraska since 1999. This past decade of Nebraska football has been our worst since the 1950's, and we've shown consistent improvement in the past few years. Forgive us for not being petrified.

ok well in that case you are right. but in the end, who has the crystal balls? nebraska is molding itself into being a top team. best Defense's? SEC. Best O? Oregon. big 12. big ten has some good teams in the middle of the pack. but man the SEC is getting LSU, Florida, Auburn, Alabama to win it all. honestly i think your numbers might be the big ten beating vandy and kentucky lol. because their top four beats ours. cause despite those stats, how often do they play and what teams are playing? cause if they played consistently, i believe those numbers would be different. now im just saying because i havent looked up what those match ups were.

Two years there was a huge difference in head to head against the 2 conferences.

2010 - MSU lost to Alabama, Michigan lost to Miss. St., Penn State lost to Florida, Ohio State beat Arkansas

2006 - Ohio State lost to Florida, Penn State beat Tennessee, Wisconsin beat Arkansas, Michigan beat Venderbilt

Every other year the games were basically tied head to head against each other.

Again you're making the top team in the conference to be the entire conference. Not only that, but you went from 10 years to the last 4 years now. You mention Florida, but the got manhandled by Michigan the same year Michigan lost to Appalachian St. (I know you're going to say Florida was rebuilding, well Ohio State was rebuilding when they played LSU in the National Championship - no Buckeye was expecting to be in the NC game that year) Yes, the top team in that conference was the best team in that conference. No, that doesn't mean that conference was better than the other conference.

HAHA you mean the one with Masoli and Blount? and not with Huff, Barner(he became a superstar this past year), and Thomas with James? yeah good one. plus you're talking about Ohio St. which i mentioned being the big dog who can have games like that.

and that game had a lot to do with Oregon's D as well. that was Pryors best game but did he do that last year? i dont think he did. plus Oregon's O is even better now than it was then.

Pryor was better last year than he was against Oregon.

Oh and if they think that they're gonna be ok just running the ball and being one dimensional. not happening, Bo feasts on one dimensional teams. Our D is set up like a SEC's D. Who's been locking down Big 10 O's in the past ten years?? Sec Defense's. I rest my case

Btw didnt TCU's D contain one of Wisconsin's best offenses in school history? ha. like i said, i like our chances this year.

They're going to run to set up the pass. Lot harder to blitz the QB and cover the receivers when you have 9 in the box.

The past 10 years? Really? Care to post proof of that? Because the Big10 holds a 16-15 record against the SEC in the BCS era.

I believe the Big Ten has a 1-6 record against Nebraska since 1999. This past decade of Nebraska football has been our worst since the 1950's, and we've shown consistent improvement in the past few years. Forgive us for not being petrified.

HAHA +1

I also see a bunch of timid bloggers who are afraid of a venue more than anything, despite the fact that 30% of it at least will be our fans anyways. Trust me folks, we will be jumping around too.

Again, I said the problem wasn't being confident that you could beat Wisconsin, it was assuming it was going to be a cakewalk that was the problem.

Really? cause all I ever heard was that he needs to be a better qb and isnt even first round material. and even if you're right. what D has he played???? thats as good as ours? thats right, he hasnt. so like I said. Im aware, but confident.

Again, I said the problem wasn't being confident that you could beat Wisconsin, it was assuming it was going to be a cakewalk that was the problem.

well assuming it was going to be nothing was wrong just like me assuming you're not confident. I was being a little over the top with the confidence but i dont see it any other way. Nebraska should be favored.

Nobody thinks it's going to be a cakewalk. In fact, the OP stated explicitly that he thought it would be a tough game, and the post you replied to simply stated that if Wisconsin comes in to the game one-dimensional that they'll be in trouble, which is true. If ANY team goes into a game one-dimensional on offense, they could be in trouble.

I don't think any Husker fans are taking the Big Ten lightly. But we're not coming from the Mountain West, we're coming from the Big 12, we have played the likes of Texas and Oklahoma, we have won five national championships and we're not scared.

Really? cause all I ever heard was that he needs to be a better qb and isnt even first round material. and even if you're right. what D has he played???? thats as good as ours? thats right, he hasnt. so like I said. Im aware, but confident.

Well they never played a defense as good as Nebraska last year. But Nebraska also never played a defense as good as Ohio State last year either.

But yes, Pryor is not first round material. That's why he said he was coming back even before the suspensions.

Nobody thinks it's going to be a cakewalk. In fact, the OP stated explicitly that he thought it would be a tough game, and the post you replied to simply stated that if Wisconsin comes in to the game one-dimensional that they'll be in trouble, which is true. If ANY team goes into a game one-dimensional on offense, they could be in trouble.

I don't think any Husker fans are taking the Big Ten lightly. But we're not coming from the Mountain West, we're coming from the Big 12, we have played the likes of Texas and Oklahoma, we have won five national championships and we're not scared.

Actually my response was due to the fact that he thought it would be easier because of the passing attack. Not once does he mention the rushing attack.

Well they never played a defense as good as Nebraska last year. But Nebraska also never played a defense as good as Ohio State last year either.

But yes, Pryor is not first round material. That's why he said he was coming back even before the suspensions.

idk because Ohio St's D could be lined up with Oklahoma's and Texas. and Texas A&M's D really turned it on late when we played them. also its not like Ohio St's playing really good offenses every week. and when they did, Wisconsin put it on them. Idk. Ohio St is still Ohio St and they're really good but Nebraska and their fans have every right to be confident. I sure am. and I expect great challenges.....because of our developing O.

I'd love to be bias in this thread about the Huskers but you can almost read the exact same thing about the Huskers spring practices and plus we're going thru a new offense and Offensive Coordinator.

The difference being Nebraska has 20 wins the last two years solely because of defense and would have more if they had a halfway competent offense. Wisconsin has done it's recent winning with offense. Nebraska having offensive inconsistency in the spring after a previous two years of putrid offensive performances does nothing to affect projections for the fall, Wisconsin having offensive inconsistency is a little more worriesome.

Again, I'll say that playing in Madison at night will be one of Nebraska's biggest challenges next year, I just want people to realize it's not going to be Tolzien's Badgers on that night.