A View from North of the Border

http://www.brandonsun.com/story.php?story_id=6105

another pat on the back to Husker fans but also a lamenting what's lacking in Canada's college sports.

Anyway, interesting article, i'd be surprised if there wasn't a Canadians for Nebraska group already... especially since i remember seeing a poster with "Germans for Nebraska" last year.

and maybe somebody should've told these guys about all the canucks on the soccer team :thumbs

Proud to be a Husker fan myself since the early '80s. NU is sure getting more attention here in Calgary now that DeAngelis is having such a good year in the CFL. Knucklechucker can attest to more Canadian exposure with Craver, Kabongo and Diedrick paying in Edmonton. While hockey gets the big attention up here, US college football is a far superior sport. GO BIG RED!

P.S. Knucklechcuker, who did you scrap for? I'm an ex-PA Raider.

i still find it surprising that there was really no Canadians for Nebraska until this apparently.

this may help in some areas... which NU coach recruits Canada?

Proud to be a Husker fan myself since the early '80s. NU is sure getting more attention here in Calgary now that DeAngelis is having such a good year in the CFL. Knucklechucker can attest to more Canadian exposure with Craver, Kabongo and Diedrick paying in Edmonton.

obviously the Huskers have had players in the CFL for years, but is it only lately that players' university affiliations are getting attention? We've had some pretty decent names go through Montreal for example; but, alas, still no "French-Canadians for Nebraska"- not yet anyway ;)

While hockey gets the big attention up here, US college football is a far superior sport.

i for one would love to see a Husker hockey team- but title IX would prevent that from ever even being considered. we don't even have a men's soccer team (though the women's team would probably beat them anyway). personally I like college hockey - the last couple Denver U. championships have been a blast to watch.

Rugby and/or lacrosse would be another interesting venture.

chick-rugby might even draw a crowd...

At the university those sports are all offered as club sports...we've got a TON of club sports, many the public doesn't know about...for instance we even have a synchronized swimiming team..no joke... Billy C's son plays for the LaCrosse team, he's pretty good. Anywhose call the campus rec if any of you in Lincoln would like to attend any games/meets... i think the number is on unl.edu