Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings

I have made this and it is good..but..I am still searching for a homemade dumpling recipe. Will post it if I ever find one. If I remember right..I used one can of cream of mushroom soup and one can cream of chicken soup or maybe more cans..didn't want it to be dry, especially since I used more chicken. You could use cream of celery soup also. I eyeball it when I cook:) I added chopped garlic, seasoned chicken with Amazing Tste For Poultry over the chicken breasts..or Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning or both:) and pepper. I don't like food to be bland:) I never cook high using a crockpot..always use low setting. Used more onions too and added chopped garlic. Can use more chicken if you want..and rotissierie chicken would work to make it even easier. Could add potatoes, corn, green beans , diced celery and baby carrots or sliced carrots to it. Baby Red Potaotes sliced in half would be good in it. I like spicy food so maybe would add some sliced jalapenos to it:) Have to think about that one lol

Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings:

4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves shred or dice or however you prefer it.

***Can sdd more chicken..

2 tablespoons butter

2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup

***Could use cream of celery or mushroom or a combo

1 onion, finely diced

2 (10 ounce) packages refrigerated biscuit dough, torn into pieces

1.Place the chicken, butter, soup, and onion in a slow cooker, and fill with enough chicken broth or water to cover. **Prefer chicken broth.

2.Cover, and cook for 5 to 6 hours on High. About 30 minutes before serving, place the torn biscuit dough in the slow cooker. Cook until the dough is no longer raw in the center.