Kickoff times for Iowa and Minnesota

With the announcement of Minnesota being on ABC. I'm thinking there may only be one game on the BTN (UT-C). Thinking that Fresno, Michigan State and Northwestern will be on the ESPN family of networks.

Every team is guaranteed at least two games on the BTN and one has to be a conference game. So if the UT-C game is on the BTN then we will get at least one more game on there and it would have to be a conference game.

With the announcement of Minnesota being on ABC. I'm thinking there may only be one game on the BTN (UT-C). Thinking that Fresno, Michigan State and Northwestern will be on the ESPN family of networks.

Every team is guaranteed at least two games on the BTN and one has to be a conference game. So if the UT-C game is on the BTN then we will get at least one more game on there and it would have to be a conference game.

Only one game has to be on the BTN.

Wrong. Every team will be on the network at least twice. One of the games has to be a conference game.

IIRC every team has to be on BTN twice each season. Do you guys have a start time/channel for the Northwestern game yet? That's prime for an 11 a.m. start on BTN.

You are correct that every team has to be on the BTN at least twice and has been mentioned in this thread, one of those telecast's must be a conference game.

Interesting nugget about the TV selection process, twice throughout the season, the BTN can pick their games ahead of ESPN/ESPN 2 (the selection order is normally ABC, ESPN/ESPN2, & BTN). With that said, i'm sure the BTN is loving the posibility of leap froging ESPN/ESPN 2 & have one of Nebraska's marquee matchups with Michigan, Michigan St. or Penn St on BTN. Some people might think of the BTN as a "secondary channel", but it's a major cash cow for the conference and is in over 80 million homes across the country.

Just like the Big 12, TV info for most October & November games (other than for previously announced Oct. night games) are announced on a 6-12 day window, but in late May, you are probably right that Nebraska's game with Northwestern has a BTN telecast written all over it.

Wrong. Every team will be on the network at least twice. One of the games has to be a conference game.

Ah, you're right. I must have mixed the "one conference game" into one game.

Each Big Ten university will have a minimum of two games on the network, with one being a conference game.

Link

IIRC every team has to be on BTN twice each season. Do you guys have a start time/channel for the Northwestern game yet? That's prime for an 11 a.m. start on BTN.

You are correct that every team has to be on the BTN at least twice and has been mentioned in this thread, one of those telecast's must be a conference game.

Interesting nugget about the TV selection process, twice throughout the season, the BTN can pick their games ahead of ESPN/ESPN 2 (the selection order is normally ABC, ESPN/ESPN2, & BTN). With that said, i'm sure the BTN is loving the posibility of leap froging ESPN/ESPN 2 & have one of Nebraska's marquee matchups with Michigan, Michigan St. or Penn St on BTN. Some people might think of the BTN as a "secondary channel", but it's a major cash cow for the conference and is in over 80 million homes across the country.

Just like the Big 12, TV info for most October & November games (other than for previously announced Oct. night games) are announced on a 6-12 day window, but in late May, you are probably right that Nebraska's game with Northwestern has a BTN telecast written all over it.

I wouldn't have any problem with all of our games being on the BTN. Like you said, the channel is in more than 80 million homes.

Ah, you're right. I must have mixed the "one conference game" into one game.

Each Big Ten university will have a minimum of two games on the network, with one being a conference game.

Link

I thought you might have been just reading in to the one game must be a conference game and thinking that it meant only one game has to be on the BTN. That's why I made sure to say at least one game must be a conference game. :)

I wouldn't have any problem with all of our games being on the BTN. Like you said, the channel is in more than 80 million homes.

I'm just glad I've got it here in Florida. It's included with my standard FiOS package. I've had it since '08 I believe.

Neither would I. I like the BTN's presentation and with Gus Johnson calling two football games and the lead announcer for basketball on the BTN, it's all good.