Any Native Americans on here?

Very well said, walksalone. I'm sure their heart is in the right place...but misguided, convenient activism is a good way of putting it.

Thank you kindly...

For the longest time it was my understanding that the fighting sioux had a deal with Ralph Englestad (Englestad Arena where the hockey team plays is a freaking palace. Do a search for the pictures of the place.) that as long as the Fighting Sioux kept their name, they could lease it for a dollar a year.

Now with that potentially falling on its ass, I'm curious how to see how this plays out.

That blows chunks. Maybe the rent can still be reduced if they hang a banner, "North Dakota ______, Formerly known as the Fighting Sioux". :-)

It does blow. Girl I used to work with is from Grand Forks, and she's been to "The Ralph". Marble floors, brass railings, and leather seats, freaking ridiculous.

I still haven't heard from Englestad on if they change their name, if he's going to rescind the deal.