Tailgatin

question for yall....ive been trollin this huskerboard for about 2-3 years, but have never posted a message....been a husker fan for about 20 years (im 29, i got a late jump on college football haha)....have a good buddy who has been a michigan for about 7 years....when Rich Rod got fired he said he "was done with Michigan".....i dont condone EVER switching teams, but since he was on the fence, and michigan is pond scum, i pushed the BIG RED on him....plus his wife is a husker fan.....we grabbed tickets to the home opener next weekend.....hes never seen memorial stadium obviously and im wondering where would be a good place to throw some bags and have a few beers with some passionate husker fans?.....my wife and me usually just roam around till we find somewhere fun....just wondering if anyone had any advice to cement this kid as a husker fan for life

About any parking lot is good for tailgates. If I were you I'd find some people I knew though if you want to make it the best ever. I mean you can walk around talk to people and have a good time but you also don't want to come off as the weird guy hovering around some one's group you don't know if they don't invite you in. I usually hit the parking lot between the Night Before and Golds building but I know lots of people there. I also like to hit the lot behind the Journal Star Plant. Again I know lots of people there. I also sometimes wander over to the media tents North of the Haymarket (Cox, Clear Channel, etc) that are schmoozing clients with free food and beer but again. . . I buy advertising from those guys so my sales people invite me in.

If I didn't know a soul I'd maybe hit Sandy's bar on O street, the Watering Hole, or hit the tail gate behind the Embassy Suits. It has food, big beers and usually a good band. It will also be packed. Any of the three will get you into a Party type atmosphere. (I'd also recommended Side Tracks but it sounds like things are changing dramatically there so I'm not sure what it would be like.)