Russell Wilson Puts Wisconsin on Target for Title Run

NUance

28wisconsin2-articleLarge.jpg

Russell Wilson Puts Wisconsin on Target for Title Run

By PETE THAMEL, Published: August 26, 2011, NY Times

But the legend of Wilson is growing here. Asked about the crossbar strike, he said with a smile: “I thought I was standing on the 40. But whatever.” A Positive Upbringing

Wilson’s grandfather Harrison Wilson Jr. served as the president of Norfolk State. His father, Harrison Wilson III, attended Dartmouth and bypassed a chance to play in the N.F.L. to attend law school at Virginia. After law school, he went to training camp with the San Diego Chargers and earned the nickname Professor before being released when the team made its final roster cuts.

Harrison Wilson III and his wife, Tammy, sent their three children to the prestigious Collegiate School in Richmond, Va., a K-12 private school with an annual tuition that starts at more than $17,000. Russell’s older brother, Harrison IV, said that he and Russell “stuck out like sore thumbs” because they were African-Americans in a school in which about 90 percent of the students were white.

LINK

Gotta love the NY Times. You don't get this kind of stuff from an article in espn or cnnsi.

It definitely wasn't your typical article on a player, and it will be very interesting to watch him Thursday night. Everyone is making him out to be the Badger's salvation, but if their offense was vanilla before his arrival, I can only see him making them French vanilla this year. Granted, he's better than the options that they had, but.......