Big Ten Network Question

i was set to order the package.... but it cost 60 DOLLARS (along with some other crappy sports channels) until the 18th..... then its 4 dollars a month.... but if i cant get the husker games in my area.. hell whats the point... im with Time Warner and its the Illini game

Is that what it says on your guide or did you use the BTN gamefinder?

Saw alot of people worrying about this on their status updates as well.

This is my understanding ..

If you have the Big Ten Network, you WILL be able to watch all Nebraska games this year, and any BTN game for that matter.

The BTN utilizes their 'alternate' channels to broadcast games that aren't on their main network. You may or may not see the 'alternate' channels right now, but they will be there on Saturday and you will be able to watch the game. This isn't like ABC regional coverage where you end up blacked out to games. EVERY game is open and free to watch if it is scheduled to be shown on the BTN.

Again, that is granted you are subscribed to watch the BTN on whatever cable/satellite provider you have.

So no worries for anyone, no matter where you live. If you get the Big Ten Network, you will be able to watch it.

If you have the Big Ten Network, you WILL be able to watch all Nebraska games this year, and any BTN game for that matter.

The BTN utilizes their 'alternate' channels to broadcast games that aren't on their main network. You may or may not see the 'alternate' channels right now, but they will be there on Saturday and you will be able to watch the game. This isn't like ABC regional coverage where you end up blacked out to games. EVERY game is open and free to watch if it is scheduled to be shown on the BTN.

Again, that is granted you are subscribed to watch the BTN on whatever cable/satellite provider you have.

So no worries for anyone, no matter where you live. If you get the Big Ten Network, you will be able to watch it.

Also to add to that, for this weeks game it seems that the Nebraska game is going to be on the main channel for everyone who has BTN, except for the people who live in Illinois, the Illinois game will be on the main channel for them.

Not all providers outside of the Big Ten's geographical footprint provide all of the overflow channels. By way of example, BTN is part of the sports tier for Charter customers here in Alabama, but that includes only the main BTN channel in standard definition with no spill overs. Some providers offer only 1 spill over, others offer all, and some (like mine) offer none.

On the bright side for me, I just confirmed that the BTN2Go service is available to me here in Birmingham. I just signed in using my Charter ID and am watching the "Nebraska N'side" show. If the Huskers are being shown only on an spill over channel for me, I will at least be able to watch this. I've got my laptop connected to the TV's HDMI port, and it's better quality than the SD cable channel.

• Fire 1

Not all providers outside of the Big Ten's geographical footprint provide all of the overflow channels. By way of example, BTN is part of the sports tier for Charter customers here in Alabama, but that includes only the main BTN channel in standard definition with no spill overs. Some providers offer only 1 spill over, others offer all, and some (like mine) offer none.

Good info. Was not shocked I was wrong about this. :)