Interview with Adam Carriker

n.e.husker

"I loved wearing that Nebraska uniform every Saturday," Carriker said. "I can't even pick my fondest memory because I loved just walking around the campus. I loved the people. I loved gameday. To be honest, I loved being in Lincoln every day the whole time I was there."

Three games stick out most in his mind - a 32-28 win over Michigan in the Alamo Bowl as a junior and two important wins as a senior - a 28-27 escape at Texas A&M and a 37-14 bashing of Colorado. "Colorado was my last home game as a senior," he said. "I remember getting two sacks and holding up the Big 12 North trophy at the end of the game. The whole stadium stood up and really hooted and hollered. It just meant so much. I was the last one off the field that day. I was in no hurry to get off."

Knowing that any dream worth dreaming is worth the extra-effort to make it come true, Carriker's thought process turned to the NFL, and the mindset was similar to the one heused to succeed in Division I ... what once seemed impossible can turn into improbable and eventually become inevitable.

Adam Carriker was destined to become a pro, and he refuses to let go of his second major dream. "Just getting drafted was my fondest memory as a pro," he said. "It was pretty awesome to see that dream come true, and when it did, I made a commitment to myself to do everything possible to make the experience last as long as it can."

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=205271340

Another one of the lost great Huskers of the Callahan era. He was a favorite and deserves more recognition.

I do not follow the pro game... pretty much at all.. but I do like to know how ex-Huskers have performed. Loved Carriker when he was here.

Has he been a starter as a pro? how has he performed?