Cosgrove

OU was good, but billy c. pretty much forfeited that game. Kicking the FG as time expired was really, really lame, made him look like a loser :rickjames

Hardly, but that's purely opinion and there is no convincing otherwise. dedhoarse

Oh c'mon now Dave, maybe opinion that he looked like a loser for kicking the FG (alot of peoples opinion). What is not opinion, however, if you noticed how that game played out, he called plays to shorten the game and make sure that OU didnt kick NU's heads in. It was probably the best day rushing NU had (not statisically), but OU was weak against the pass, and I dont recall NU emphasizing the passing game at all :wtf

but OU was weak against the pass, and I dont recall NU emphasizing the passing game at all :wtf

Dailey was weak on the pass as well. Throw a few INT's and that game is 60-3.

Possibly, but throw a couple of TD's and we have a game here :thumbs You have to at least give it a chance.

Or was billy c. trying not to be shown up by Pelini......hmmmmmm..... <_<

Playing not to lose sucks, playing not to lose badly is pathetic, IMO.

I never said I expect the defense to get a 3 and out every time, I was referring specifically to the gameplanning. Tech is obvious - corners off on a team that throws 3 yard passes, a soft zone when all Pitt needed was 30 yards was pathetic. I will take my chances that a QB can't hit a 30 yard pass over the top vs. 3-10 yarders any day.

Baylor's first drive should have ended in an INT, yes, but let's not forget they were ALREADY deep in NU territory by the time that happened. I can understand giving a cushion (reluctantly) but giving 7 yards on 3rd and 5 makes absolutely no sense.

Overall I'm satisfied and again I think they are making adjustments better this year, but I still see alot of poor gameplanning and in my opinion getting outcoached. ISU's adjustments at halftime were very simple and resulted in nearly 350 yards in the second half and Coz is still trying to figure out how to adjust to it.

I never said I expect the defense to get a 3 and out every time, I was referring specifically to the gameplanning.  Tech is obvious - corners off on a team that throws 3 yard passes, a soft zone when all Pitt needed was 30 yards was pathetic.  I will take my chances that a QB can't hit a 30 yard pass over the top vs. 3-10 yarders any day.

Baylor's first drive should have ended in an INT, yes, but let's not forget they were ALREADY deep in NU territory by the time that happened.  I can understand giving a cushion (reluctantly) but giving 7 yards on 3rd and 5 makes absolutely no sense.

Overall I'm satisfied and again I think they are making adjustments better this year, but I still see alot of poor gameplanning and in my opinion getting outcoached.  ISU's adjustments at halftime were very simple and resulted in nearly 350 yards in the second half and Coz is still trying to figure out how to adjust to it.

Man I didn't know ISU almost got 350 yards in after halftime, man the d really held them in the 1st half since isu only got 374 yards of total offense for the game! :thumbs It was really closer to 200 yards of offense after halftime so the adjusments wasn't that great

• 2 weeks later...
Ahhh, but after last week is he???

In 2004 Big 12 play, our defense allowed 410 yards and 30 points per game.

In 2005 Big 12 play, our defense has allowed 390 yards and 27 points per game.

Looks like the stat comparison I made on another board... :)

Good to see my influence on other boards! ;)