NFL Power Rankings

This is ONLY a couple small comments from some guy who works for Yahoo! Sports and they don't mean much beyond that. with that said though, i couldn't help but blow it out of proportion upon reading the first one. :wacko:

FALLING

Oakland Raiders (1-4) – It looks like Norv Turner got some quality pieces for the future in Kirk Morrison and Fabian Washington. But at this rate, he won't be coaching them beyond 2005.

so, the replacement (Turner) for the Raider's 2003 scapegoat (Bill Callahan), may not even survive past two seasons?

the 2003 injuries and infighting showed that the personel on this club was getting old and stagnet and they were heading into a downturn that seems to happen every few years with NFL teams. IMO, NO coach could have saved this team 2003 onward. If Al Davis can't find a coach that suits him, maybe he should declare himself as head coach... he runs the show anyway.

oh yeah, it also mentions Fabian. Looking at his stats so far- he's played in 5 games, started 2. has 7 tackles with 2 passes defended.

changing gears

THE BOTTOM FIVE

28. Green Bay Packers (1-4) – If Ahman Green can't break the 100-yard rushing mark against Minnesota this week, he may never do it again.

i'm bias for green, but here goes. Hopefully Green will get 100 this week but IMO he could definately get more 100+ games after that IF he doesn't re-sign with the Packers before next season.

I like the Packers (mainly b/c of Green) but there's another franchise that is quickly heading into one of those cyclic downturns.

Favre will be gone soon and the Packers Oline has already detoriated from last season. both factors spell doom for Green if he stays there.

oakland is in shambles... sucks too, randy moss got knee'd in the junk as well. just adds to the frustration. norv turner is a good coach imo

its sad ahman doesnt get as many touches as he used to... i hate sherman... i think green is in his last year of his contract if i am right??? i am not sure though. maybe he will go to a team that will use him.

its sad ahman doesnt get as many touches as he used to... i hate sherman... i think green is in his last year of his contract if i am right??? i am not sure though. maybe he will go to a team that will use him.

The trouble is not Ahman or the number of touches that he gets. The Packers lost two veteran offensive lineman to free agency in the off season. The other offensive linemen are awful at blocking. They also have only a couple of veteran receivers that are not injured. Bubba Franks, their starting TE is out as well. With lack of experince at TE and WR, Ahman gets poor down-field blocking. Not that it matters much, buecause he can't seem to get a block from his POOR offensive line.

Sherman lost his line and not by his decision. I admit that he has had his problems, but many of the problems you see this year (poor draft picks, injuries, and players lost to free agency) are not his fault and are beyond his control.

i would have to defend sherman too. the problem in Green Bay is personel, not coaching. Redman nailed their offensive problems but also consider that their defense has sucked for years. its not like us earlier this year where our defense would bail out the sputtering offense. the packers always seem to be playing catchup and its hard to do that using the running game.

and even then, Green still gets the carries- he just gets tackled right away. actually, IMO it looks alot like our running game earlier this year! Ross would have 6 guys on top of him by the time he hit the line of scrimmage. and Green is getting the same treatment in GB except, unlike our offense, they don't seem to be improving all that much. and now that they've lost Davenport thats even more weight on Ahman.

He is a free agent after this season and, as i said above, i'm kind of hoping he doesn't re-sign even though i like the Packers.

and good luck to Norv, if he is fired (this year or next), i'll feel sorry for the poor guy who gets hired as Al Davis' next sacrificial scapegoat.