Viewing Area in Madison?

Schu

I remember reading somewhere that there's going to be a big viewing area to watch the game in Madison for people who don't make it into the game. A few friends and I are making the trip, so I was wondering if anyone is able to confirm this? I know we'd be able to find somewhere to watch (if we don't make it into Camp Randall), but it would be a blast if there were thousands of people watching it in the same place.

I believe they are talking about the tailgate that is at the Student Union. I know Husker Huddle is partying from 3-6 pm and afterwards people who want to view the game can for $10. Its in the South entrance of the Union. 1308 W Dayton St. There is another tailgate going on at what is called Badgerville.. it is somewhere near the stadium also. From what I have read you can just walk to the stadium and find all kinds of tailgating and things to do. So if you just head out I think you'll find a party of Huskers. And maybe even some tickets :)

I believe they are talking about the tailgate that is at the Student Union. I know Husker Huddle is partying from 3-6 pm and afterwards people who want to view the game can for $10. Its in the South entrance of the Union. 1308 W Dayton St. There is another tailgate going on at what is called Badgerville.. it is somewhere near the stadium also. From what I have read you can just walk to the stadium and find all kinds of tailgating and things to do. So if you just head out I think you'll find a party of Huskers. And maybe even some tickets :)

Ok, thanks man. I just read about the Badgerville thing, which is right outside the stadium. And yeah, the plan is to find some tickets, but being a college student, I'm not going to be able to shell out triple figures for one, so we'll see what happens.

The Stadium Bar on Randall St. is right across the street from the stadium. It's the biggest outdoor tailgating bar with a large screen outside and a large number of TV secreens inside. It will be a great place to watch the game for any fans who can't find tickets (which will likely be most fans who don't have them already. The Stadium Bar is also a great place to go before the game. Other good TV bars are found all along Regent St. from the Stadium to Park St, including the Big 10 Pub, the Annex and Lucky's. They'll all be packed before the game since parking and tailgating near the stadium are very limited.

The Stadium Bar on Randall St. is right across the street from the stadium. It's the biggest outdoor tailgating bar with a large screen outside and a large number of TV secreens inside. It will be a great place to watch the game for any fans who can't find tickets (which will likely be most fans who don't have them already. The Stadium Bar is also a great place to go before the game. Other good TV bars are found all along Regent St. from the Stadium to Park St, including the Big 10 Pub, the Annex and Lucky's. They'll all be packed before the game since parking and tailgating near the stadium are very limited.

I appreciate the note, please feel free to stay the rest od the week. Good Luck this week.

From Jeff Potrykus, a JS columnist:

Badgerville, UW’s first-year endeavor held before home games on the grass practice field just north of Camp Randall, has a capacity of 5,000.

It is scheduled to open at 3 p.m. and will remain open through the game. Fans will be able to watch the game on two large-screen TVs. There is no admission charge to this area.

Alvarez wants Nebraska fans who do not have a ticket to have a comfortable place in which to watch the game. He doesn’t want a repeat of the ‘94 Rose Bowl, when hundreds of UW fans were victimized by ticket scams and milled outside the Rose Bowl with nothing to do.

“They want to be a part of history,” Alvarez said of the Nebraska fans. “They want to experience Madison. They want to see the campus. They want to be here to be a part of it."