Cosgrovian Defense at best!!

Look at what happened once their dual-threat QB went out.

I am still pretty worried about Denard Robinson, but outside of that...hopefully we are facing some pocket passers in the coming games.

I hear ya! I really don't understand why all of a sudden we forgot how to stop a mobile QB. Once Bo found out we were leaving for the Big 10, did he take the "how to stop a defensive QB" playbook and toss it in the shredder?

That is the biggest thing that frustrates me about this year. It's not really the players so much as it is the defensive schemes we are using.

I admit that I bought into the hype of LB Will Compton but he's avg at best. He looks extremely slow and he can't tackle well in the open field

When compton was recruited, i admit i was excited till I had a conversation with a former coach. He wasn't too excited, saying compton was no where near the kind of LB that should be recruited to Nebraska.

Bo's defenses have always had trouble with the mobile QBs - I don't know if it's that we forgot to stop them, just that they have always given us headaches. I believe when we saw Robert Griffin Jr as a freshman it was the same way, though I suppose that was 2008. Bo's defenses are typically bend, don't break - but they have been really exposed before by two things, Texas Tech / Mike Leach disciple offenses, and QBs that are really mobile and make guys miss.

We stopped Locker in the first game last year but I'm not sure Locker ever put up really good numbers in Washington.

I think if we start seeing more spread passer types, we're going to see our defense shut them down more. Who knows!

I remember playing against Va Tech and Tyrod Taylor and we did a great job against him. He had 9 rushes for 5 yards (longest being 4 yards) and he went 12-27 for 192 and a TD. I really thing Bo needs to go back and review that game tape. We basically took him out of his comfort zone all game. Now RG3 flat out gave us fits the entire game with his running ability!

The D is just outplaying themselves, Bo and Carl can do or say whatever they want to prepare and motivate, but the D have just not put that out on the field for 4 qrts. The only plus last night is that the secondary did not get constantly burnt on long balls. Moving Jean Babtiste to CB could be a brilliant move for this Defense. The kid is big and has long arms, will give another good CB opposite Dennard.

Bo's defenses have always had trouble with the mobile QBs - I don't know if it's that we forgot to stop them, just that they have always given us headaches. I believe when we saw Robert Griffin Jr as a freshman it was the same way, though I suppose that was 2008. Bo's defenses are typically bend, don't break - but they have been really exposed before by two things, Texas Tech / Mike Leach disciple offenses, and QBs that are really mobile and make guys miss.

We stopped Locker in the first game last year but I'm not sure Locker ever put up really good numbers in Washington.

I think if we start seeing more spread passer types, we're going to see our defense shut them down more. Who knows!

I remember Bo saying we don't use a spy. Maybe there are certain schemes the team should try to account for scrambling QB's. I just never want to see a guy like Gilbert from Texas running wild on our defense...no reason that should happen, but it has and I am sure that won't be the last time unless they do something about it. I think with a better defensive line then we wouldn't have to use a guy to account for the QB. At this point though I think they should look into doing some new things to account for scramblers.

I call bullsh#t with this thread title. Cosgrove never even had guys in the position to make plays! We have guys there under Pelini. We are in position to make plays. We just have to get guys to tackle better and make plays on the ball in the secondary. This is not a coaching problem so much as just the fact that we have a lot of inexperience, youth, and some guys who are just not as talented as what we have had in the past. We will develop depth, young guys will get better, and more experience will pay off. It's amazing how quickly some people jump ship on the Pelini's. These guys have coached top ranked defenses in the country ever since they got here. They are dealing with the above mentioned things right now, and are trying to find the right guys for the job. It's a work in progress, but in no f'ing' way does it resemble Cosgrove's crap. Tackling would help this team immensely, and unfortunately Bo can't go out there and do it for these guys. These players have got to do it.

I call bullsh#t with this thread title. Cosgrove never even had guys in the position to make plays! We have guys there under Pelini. We are in position to make plays. We just have to get guys to tackle better and make plays on the ball in the secondary. This is not a coaching problem so much as just the fact that we have a lot of inexperience, youth, and some guys who are just not as talented as what we have had in the past. We will develop depth, young guys will get better, and more experience will pay off. It's amazing how quickly some people jump ship on the Pelini's. These guys have coached top ranked defenses in the country ever since they got here. They are dealing with the above mentioned things right now, and are trying to find the right guys for the job. It's a work in progress, but in no f'ing' way does it resemble Cosgrove's crap. Tackling would help this team immensely, and unfortunately Bo can't go out there and do it for these guys. These players have got to do it.

Then where are the blitz callings? Our front 4 isn't getting it done! It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that running QB's OWN us. You contradict yourself in your above statement. You say that they are great coaches yet you also say that they are still trying to find the right guys for the job. Wouldn't you think since they are stellar coaches that they would have found those said players BEFORE the season started? I understand if it was due to injuries but in this case it's not. I guess you don't see our DB's being out of place and not looking back towards the ball when it's in the air. If you do, then I must be watching a different game then you.

Then where are the blitz callings? Our front 4 isn't getting it done! It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that running QB's OWN us. You contradict yourself in your above statement. You say that they are great coaches yet you also say that they are still trying to find the right guys for the job. Wouldn't you think since they are stellar coaches that they would have found those said players BEFORE the season started? I understand if it was due to injuries but in this case it's not. I guess you don't see our DB's being out of place and not looking back towards the ball when it's in the air. If you do, then I must be watching a different game then you.

Yep, you clearly must be watching a different game then. The team I'm watching looks like they just lost Prince Amukamara, Dejon Gomes, and Eric Hagg to the NFL draft last year, and has a new secondary coach to boot.

Yep, you clearly must be watching a different game then. The team I'm watching looks like they just lost Prince Amukamara, Dejon Gomes, and Eric Hagg to the NFL draft last year, and has a new secondary coach to boot.

So what's the excuse about our lack lust performance from the D Line? Ya know what they say about excuses.....