US & UK plan to attack Iran

Looks like we are in for some interesting days ahead. China is allegedly selling Iran ballistic missiles, Iran announces it has enough enriched uranium for nuclear bombs, Israel doing unannounced tests of its Jericho missiles, Egypt and other neighboring countries are in chaos, and we are making plans with Britain to attack Iran. Hold onto your hats.

http://news.in.msn.c...umentid=5564984

London: Britain and the US are reportedly drawing up a joint plan to attack Iran after reports said Tehran now has enough enriched uranium for four nuclear weapons.

US President Barack Obama and British Prime Minister David Cameron are preparing for a war against Tehran following Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's regime being linked to three assassination plots on foreign soil, officials told the Daily Mail. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Defence Minister Ehud Barak were also preparing for an attack against Iran. Tel Aviv has successfully test-fired a rocket capable of carrying a nuclear warhead that could strike Iran, the report said.

Sources said Britain would be likely to agree to any US decision to invade Iran, even though the ministry of defence was "stretched to breaking point by swingeing budget cuts and wars in Afghanistan and Libya". A special unit at the ministry has been instructed to work out Britain's strategy if its army invades Iran.

NOTE: I have been unable to find many other News organizations carrying this news. So unless it becomes more widely reported, take this with a grain of salt!

It's going to take some serious time for Iran to make a nuclear warhead small and light enough to be carried by a ballistic missile. They may be only a few years away from creating a functioning nuclear weapon but scaling that design down to the point where it is deliverable is a lengthy process.

An attack such as an airstrike (probably would actually be conducted by the Israelis with our blessing) on the nuclear facilities might be possible. I don't think it will happen any time soon.

It's just saber rattiling, these kind of "reports" often are not indications or warnings of actions to be taken in the future but are actions in themselves.

This is correct.

Iran has achieved mutually assured destruction with Isreal in the form of 10,000 plus missiles that can be equipped with very advanced biological weapons.

Russia has sold Iran some very good radars, and I wouldn't be surprised to see that Iran has some S300 batteries (one confirmed from Belarus).

In addition, Hiz b'Allah in Lebanon has one of the most powerful missile arsenals in the world, and Hamas has alot of ex-Libyan weapons including bio and chemical weapons.

Should Israel attack Iran, the response would destroy Israel and a good portion of Saudi Arabia and gulf allies, and shut down the flow of oil. That, and our troops in Irag and Afghanistan would be sitting ducks.

And if Israel were to be likely to fire its nukes, Russia, China and India are down wind of the radiation... something that they might attempt to deter.

Lastly, nobody is sure what Egypt or Turkey do. The Turks do have NATO nukes on their soil that they have control over.

NOTE: I have been unable to find many other News organizations carrying this news. So unless it becomes more widely reported, take this with a grain of salt!

I saw it yesterday on Haaretz, Debka, Al Jazeera and Russia Today.

Sorry... I won't go to those sights from here at work.

It's going to take some serious time for Iran to make a nuclear warhead small and light enough to be carried by a ballistic missile. They may be only a few years away from creating a functioning nuclear weapon but scaling that design down to the point where it is deliverable is a lengthy process.

A conventional missile strike on Damona would be as effective as firing a nuke.

I saw it yesterday on Haaretz, Debka, Al Jazeera and Russia Today.

Sorry... I won't go to those sights from here at work.

Yeah - I can understand that. I'm seeing it on Indian, Israeli, and UK media today. (And it made it onto Yahoo just a few minutes ago)

***snip***

Should Israel attack Iran, the response would destroy Israel and a good portion of Saudi Arabia and gulf allies, and shut down the flow of oil. That, and our troops in Irag and Afghanistan would be sitting ducks.

***snip***

I just don't see that happening. Iran's nuclear facilities have already been hit by Israeli airstrikes. Iran won't risk being obliterated just because of targeted airstrikes. They may be radical and reactionary but they are not completely insane.

Also, it doesn't matter what used Soviet designed missiles Iran possesses. If the Israelis or US decide that an airstrike is required the Iranians will not be able to stop it.

I just don't see that happening. Iran's nuclear facilities have already been hit by Israeli airstrikes. Iran won't risk being obliterated just because of targeted airstrikes. They may be radical and reactionary but they are not completely insane.

Iran's nuclear facilities were used for uranium conversion, for electrical power and/or future weapons. They are of no military significance at the moment.

It is their bio weapons that we need to worry about.

Also, it doesn't matter what used Soviet designed missiles Iran possesses. If the Israelis or US decide that an airstrike is required the Iranians will not be able to stop it.

The Georgians learned first hand how good and accurate Iskander missiles were in 2008.

The Iranians have zero chance to stop any incoming missile attack, but they will have the opportunity to send out an early volley and to harden their facilities for a return strike.

The S300 is a top of the line system that is very capable of taking out a few F15s.

Iran's nuclear facilities were used for uranium conversion, for electrical power and/or future weapons. They are of no military significance at the moment.

It is their bio weapons that we need to worry about.

The Georgians learned first hand how good and accurate Iskander missiles were in 2008.

The Iranians have zero chance to stop any incoming missile attack, but they will have the opportunity to send out an early volley and to harden their facilities for a return strike.

The S300 is a top of the line system that is very capable of taking out a few F15s.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the next F-15 to be shot down by a SAM will be the first.

The question becomes political for Iran. Sure they could retaliate against civilian or military targets if their nuclear facilities are targeted. I think they will conclude that the juice is not worth the squeeze.

You won't be able to convince me that Iran, with the third largest oil reserves in the country, needs nuclear reactors to produce electricity. That program only has one true purpose.

I don't see us going into Iran anytime soon. But however from what I understand we are pulling out the troops of Iraq or getting ready to. Which means we are freeing up troops from deployement. We have buildt some millitary bases in Kuwait. They don't house a lot of soldiers perminately but have the ability to hold a lot of soldiers and equipment for a short amount of time. So if we are to go into Iran we defenately have the ability to do it with land to launch the attack from.