US & UK plan to attack Iran

This is timely.

Edit: Apparently a direct link to the Financial Times is paywalled. To read the article that I posted without registering or paying google this: "UN to reveal signs of Iran nuclear arms plan"

I have no doubt that iran (with assistance from the NorKs) is working on a nuclear weapon, as are some other nations in that region (Turkey, the Saudis).

However Iran does have a real problem refining oil into gasoline.

I don't doubt that but I don't see how it is relevant.

Back to the start we must go...

I just don't see that happening. Iran's nuclear facilities have already been hit by Israeli airstrikes. Iran won't risk being obliterated just because of targeted airstrikes. They may be radical and reactionary but they are not completely insane.

Iran's nuclear facilities were used for uranium conversion, for electrical power and/or future weapons. They are of no military significance at the moment.

maybe he's saying if they have a problem refining oil into gasoline. Then maybe they won't be able to turn enriched uranium into a nuclear bomb?

What I have been saying is that Iran has a shortage of power due to their inability to convert its own natural resources into a usable fuel.

In addition to using refined uranium for power generation, they are also likely to be working on a weapons program.

maybe he's saying if they have a problem refining oil into gasoline. Then maybe they won't be able to turn enriched uranium into a nuclear bomb?

What I have been saying is that Iran has a shortage of power due to their inability to convert its own natural resources into a usable fuel.

In addition to using refined uranium for power generation, they are also likely to be working on a weapons program.

I think we have a failure to communicate here. Why do you think Iran would need to refine oil into gasoline to produce electricity? Oil is usable as a fuel in electrical plants without any refining. Particularly true with middle eastern oil.

I'm unaware of ANY country fueling electrical plants with gasoline. Now, there are plenty of fuel oil powered electrical plants. Essentially, gasoline refining is entirely irrelevant in an electrical production discussion.

Hopefully that clears things up.

I think we have a failure to communicate here. Why do you think Iran would need to refine oil into gasoline to produce electricity? Oil is usable as a fuel in electrical plants without any refining. Particularly true with middle eastern oil.

I'm unaware of ANY country fueling electrical plants with gasoline. Now, there are plenty of fuel oil powered electrical plants. Essentially, gasoline refining is entirely irrelevant in an electrical production discussion.

They have a shortage of gasoline (very severe) and fuel oil (mildly severe).

No, actually it doesn't. You've yet to explain how gasoline is relevant in a electrical generation discussion.

Obfuscation aside, they don't have a fuel oil shortage either.

No, actually it doesn't. You've yet to explain how gasoline is relevant in a electrical generation discussion.

Jeebus flippin' Christmas... gasoline and various fuel oils that are refined from crude oil.

Bottom line as I have been saying, their refining capacity is very low.

How DARE you take Jeebus's name in vain !

Jeebus flippin' Christmas... gasoline and various fuel oils that are refined from crude oil.

Bottom line as I have been saying, their refining capacity is very low.

No sir heard this from a retired special ops guy around a year ago on the Texas overnight show with Charley Jones. We arent going to invade Iran , but we are going to small scale nuke them back into the ABDULLAH days ... count on it ..If we keep our military machine in Iraq the machinery will be radiated so they are momentarily moving it out of the way . Time will tell ..Would have already been done , but they are worried about Russias response .

We are momentarily pulling out of Iraq because the plans are to use small scale nuclear devices and bunker busting bombs in Iran , and to get our military machine out of the way of the radiation field that will follow.

I don't see us going into Iran anytime soon. But however from what I understand we are pulling out the troops of Iraq or getting ready to. Which means we are freeing up troops from deployement. We have buildt some millitary bases in Kuwait. They don't house a lot of soldiers perminately but have the ability to hold a lot of soldiers and equipment for a short amount of time. So if we are to go into Iran we defenately have the ability to do it with land to launch the attack from.

Yeah, it seems that most of our troops will be redeployed in the gulf region.

Perhaps they will be used to put down rebellions in the Saudi east, Yemen and Bahrain.

I hope you left out the insert sarcasm here emoticon.

Yes agreed , that was the plan , so Obama supposedly pulling out is predestined , HOPE YOU ARE RIGHT ABOUT THAT. However , listening to a local radio show in Texas that has former special ops guys on and military folks in the field ; that is not their perception ... Calla is spot on about her prediction ..stay tuned ...

We are momentarily pulling out of Iraq because the plans are to use small scale nuclear devices and bunker busting bombs in Iran , and to get our military machine out of the way of the radiation field that will follow.

That... or it was agreed USA would be out of Iraq by 2012 when Bush was still in office...

I don't know how to put this more politely so I will just say it: this is crazy talk.

Why on earth would a special ops guy (not to mention a retired special ops guy) know about US nuclear strategy? More importantly, why would we feel the need to NUKE Iran? The US will NOT use nukes again unless it is in retaliation for another country's use of WMDs. It just won't happen.

No sir heard this from a retired special ops guy around a year ago on the Texas overnight show with Charley Jones. We arent going to invade Iran , but we are going to small scale nuke them back into the ABDULLAH days ... count on it ..If we keep our military machine in Iraq the machinery will be radiated so they are momentarily moving it out of the way . Time will tell ..Would have already been done , but they are worried about Russias response .

I don't see us going into Iran anytime soon. But however from what I understand we are pulling out the troops of Iraq or getting ready to. Which means we are freeing up troops from deployement. We have buildt some millitary bases in Kuwait. They don't house a lot of soldiers perminately but have the ability to hold a lot of soldiers and equipment for a short amount of time. So if we are to go into Iran we defenately have the ability to do it with land to launch the attack from.

Perhaps they will be used to put down rebellions in the Saudi east, Yemen and Bahrain.

Yeah - I can understand that. I'm seeing it on Indian, Israeli, and UK media today. (And it made it onto Yahoo just a few minutes ago)

It is good to see that I am not the only American that reads the foreign press!

Have you lived in any other countries?

I've lived in Spain while I was in the USAF. In fact, that's where I had my son. I've TDY's to other countries. But yeah, I look at news from all over. One of the main sites I got to for news is the BBC. Although now that they have auto start video ads, they are even more annoying than many of the US news sites.

WEll dont believe me , listen to the "crazy talk" from a former 30 year green beret , special forces and intelligence guy ... Texas overnight , Master sergeant Jess Johnson ... This is part one , and you'll have to click into part two ...( Special guest Jess Johnson ) Part one and two

http://dfw.cbslocal....charley-jones/#

I don't know how to put this more politely so I will just say it: this is crazy talk.

Why on earth would a special ops guy (not to mention a retired special ops guy) know about US nuclear strategy? More importantly, why would we feel the need to NUKE Iran? The US will NOT use nukes again unless it is in retaliation for another country's use of WMDs. It just won't happen.

This will back up Callas statements here : listen up to a former green beret and his predictions : Part 1 and you will have to click into Part 2 ...

(Special guest Jess Johnson )

Also listen to how the Mexican drug gangs (the Zetas) are hiding in the US ( Texas ) when it gets too hot for them in their native country , Mexico ..

***snip***

Should Israel attack Iran, the response would destroy Israel and a good portion of Saudi Arabia and gulf allies, and shut down the flow of oil. That, and our troops in Irag and Afghanistan would be sitting ducks.

***snip***

I just don't see that happening. Iran's nuclear facilities have already been hit by Israeli airstrikes. Iran won't risk being obliterated just because of targeted airstrikes. They may be radical and reactionary but they are not completely insane.

Also, it doesn't matter what used Soviet designed missiles Iran possesses. If the Israelis or US decide that an airstrike is required the Iranians will not be able to stop it.

This. Iran is more effective funding the insurgents operating in the middle east like they have for the last many years. They can beat their drum, but they can't stop a legit attack like they have before. The big question here is whether or not, in this day and age, will the UN support Israel's pre-emptive strike against Iran's nulcear facilities? IMHO, Israel was justified in the past, but will need a miracle of support to do this again. I don't get the warm and fuzzy that they will have our support in another defensive attack as before.

WEll dont believe me , listen to the "crazy talk" from a former 30 year green beret , special forces and intelligence guy ... Texas overnight , Master sergeant Jess Johnson ... This is part one , and you'll have to click into part two ...( Special guest Jess Johnson ) Part one and two

Oh, better and better. This supreme insider was a master sergeant? Are you kidding me? A master sergeant from the Army no less . . . knows about a super-secret US nuclear strategy? First, the Army doesn't have nukes. Secondly, this guy doesn't know a damn thing about US nuclear strategy. Third, stop and think about this stuff before posting.

I don't know how to interact with people who are completely incapable of evaluating information.