This weeks OU visitor/recruits

dedhoarse Hello, to answer the ? above about the game possibly hurting recruiting - my friends at huskers illustrated just told me that MIKE SMITH just verbelled - at 9:15 pm - gossip for now but it is something to ponder - smith really is no surprise if he did verbel - UN has been high w/ him for quite a while

MIKE SMITH 6'6" 245 4.85 de is N - watch on rivals, because something should be coming

Hootin thanks for the update, have you heard about any of the other recruits and what they thought about the atmosphere. what do u think our chances of down the road getting a commit from wallace and lewis. I like both of them extremely well and think they would be great pickups.

there has not been anything posted so a rumor for now - wait for tomorrow to get a report on smith & on all the recruits who visited -

lewis was an unofficial for the UN/ou game - he has visited nd 10/14 for his 1st visit & liked the visit a lot - might be a slight lean - he will also be visiting ga - 11/11 & usc 12/02 - jensen is trying to work on him but nd & usc will be hard to beat

wallace has camped w/ UN the last 2 summers & watched the spring game - besides visiting UN today he has visited osu 9/9, fsu 10/01 & unofficial for last weeks psu game - which he really enjoyed - he will take 2 more visits before verballing - possibly 1 visit to the u of miami - he is familiar w/ UN & friends w/ david harvey (UN te)

both will probably be jan commits - I do not know if lewis will give UN an official visit, so slimmer chance w/ lewis than wallace

stay tuned

Getting an official from Butch Lewis isn't a big deal. Lewis has stated on numerous occasions that he will not schedule an official to a school that is nearby and he can afford to go to. He is saving his officials for schools farther away, especially considering he still has a list of 8 favorites.

To say Lewis is leaning one way or another is nothing but pure speculation on anyones part to say the least.