From the Blue Hairs to the young "punk" NU fans

FROM GRUMPY OLD MAN

To the younger JADED FANS. My uncle who is in his eighties now , used to go watch the Husker games with the knothole gang BEFORE WW2. He purchased season tickets years before you were even a twinkle in your daddies eye AND CONTINUED TO FINANCIALLY SUPPORT HUSKER FOOTBALL . I myself started to follow Husker football in the early sixties , when we could only listen to most games on the radio. I remember Bob Devaney , who started all this , and can remember a Husker running back by the name of Joe Orduna. We stuck with the team through the game of the century with Oklahoma , and I can remember watching that game in 71 on my grandma's color tv , in fact the first program I ever watched in color , and the green of the field with both NU and OU's red was very impressive and magical at the time. We watched games there and watched the Alabama vs Husker game national championship on my uncles tv in Colorado. Some of the most memorable times of my life as a child. I saw Johnny the Jet run two punt returns back in both those games( OU and ALABAMA ) that are still magic to me. We stuck with Coach Osborne through his first 5-6 years when he could not beat Oklahoma , in fact , just as embarrassing as our run against the Whorns this decade. We stuck with the Huskers even when it didnt seem they would win a bowl game , and through the nightmare of losing to Miami on their own field.

We had a great team in the 80's with the scoring explosion , but still ( even though we got screwed at Penn State ) did not win another National Championship. WE STILL STUCK WITH OUR TEAM AND COACH. We did not make comments like TEAR DOWN MEMORIAL STADIUM , just because we lost some games there. We sold out Memorial stadium for more years than you young punks were alive. So to your own benefit , in the 90's Tom Osborne fielded the best program to win games in a 25 year span , because the fans STOOD BY HIM AND WERE PATIENT. I WAS AT THE LAST BIG EIGHT GAME WHEN WE BEAT OU AND IT WAS TOMMIE FRAZIERS LAST GAME AT NU. Everything you young punks witnessed in the 90's was because the blue hairs who you say don yell enough now BOUGHT AND PAID FOR IT , AND REMAINED LOYAL. So know , because you are so young and punked out , and your only Husker football you witnessed was a decade ago , AND BECAUSE YOU ARE SO YOUNG AND JADED , NOW YOU PISS AND MOAN ABOUT A COUPLE LOSSES ? You also make comments like TEAR DOWN MEMORIAL STADIUM and THE BLUE HAIRS DONT YELL ENOUGH ? You young punks better learn to respect what was given to you , and if you dont LIKE IT , LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT .

THE REASON WHY YOU HAVE HUSKER FOOTBALL IS BECAUSE THOSE BLUE HAIRS YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT SUPPORTED IT THROUGH THICK AND THIN ...Witness the longest sell out streak of any team in history ...

Some of you on here are nothing but drunks who live their life through Husker football and are not appreciative of what was given to you .

Dont be fairweather fans , GROW UP AND SUPPORT YOUR TEAM , ITS COACHES AND STATE ...