Plenty to be thankful for............

True2tRA

Tough game yesterday. I have to say though. I think my brain finally woke up during the Michigan game. I used to be the Husker that would yell, get excited, high five my friends, when we scored. Or I'd get pissed, wanna kick someone's ass, or chug a beer when we got bitch slapped around like we did yesterday. I sat the entire second half. Enjoyed my drink, didn't get mad. Didn't shout at the television. Didn't express my disappointment in any drastic ways. I think I am actually getting a bit used to seeing Nebraska lose games like that. I'm kind of glad I'm getting used to it. It makes the next day so much easier. My heart will last longer, I'm adding years to my life by not raising my blood pressure with every single pathetic play Nebraska has.

This game Friday after Thanksgiving. I'm not going to get all riled up. If we win, good for them. If we lose, oh well, I saw it coming. I will begin training myself to expect mediocrity from this team. It will make life much more enjoyable. Especially on a Friday after Thanksgiving. So much to be thankful for and be happy about during this holiday season. I'm gonna enjoy the food and the family. f#*k it, I'm not gonna let Nebraska piss all over it.

I've been trying to take this attitude since the Miami beatdown in the Rosebowl. Haven't been successful yet. Part of the problem is that it goes both ways - if I was trying not to care about the '08 Colorado game, I wouldn't have been jumping and yelling all over the house when Henery drilled that 57 yarder and Suh's pick 6, though I was really pissed for most of the game that CU was not only staying with us, but beating us. Part of being a fan I guess. there are games when my heart is just ripped out - all three losses this year. I've been really proud, though, of this team in recent years. The win over Missouri in '09 was one of my proudest moments as a Husker fan - right up there with the 3 national titles in the 90's. Coming back to beat Ohio State this year was a proud moment, too.

Like you, I will enjoy the food and my family, but I'll be yelling at the TV after every first down the Hawkeyes pick up, our 3 and outs, dropped passes, etc. I can't separate my emotion from my love of the Huskers.