Italics, bolding and text-style issues

Enhance

I've noticed that if one types in italics, deletes what they wrote back to the previous word, the "italicized" button deactivates - but if you start typing again, the italics button will turn on and your text will continue to be italicized. The only way to stop the text from typing in italics is to delete your text to a previously un-italicized word, activate italics and then turn it off again. Otherwise, the text will be in italics. The same applies with bolding.

Do others experience this issue? Or perhaps I need to better explain myself. To test it, start typing a sentence, switch to italics in mid sentence and type a couple of words, then delete back to the most recent un-italicized word, and type again. If I'm correct, your text will come out in italics again even if the italics button deactivates at first.

I realize this is a somewhat minor and inconsequential issue that takes only a couple of seconds to mess with, but I'm wondering if it's possible to fix this issue to make it more similar to Microsoft word? In word, when you delete to an un-italicized word, italics deactivate until you turn it on again.

I think the problem is the way the Board "initiates" font styles. Instead of wrapping just the word(s) in the tag, it starts with the white space immediately after the last unaltered word, and before the altered word(s). Similar to how older WYSIWYG HTML editors. We might be able to change that behavior - I'll have to check and see how the files code it. But it will probably be a long, time-consuming search; off the top of my head, I think the posting templates will have it, but that's still a lot of files to go through.