Question about Memorial Stadium, etc.

Hey everyone,

I am considering making a trip over to Nebraska next season when Michigan travels to Lincoln to play the Cornhuskers. It would be my very first time going to a college football game on the road. Not to mention, it would be my very first time going to Lincoln.

I've heard nothing but great things about the college football experience in Nebraska. I heard the fans there are awesome.

Anyhow, does anyone know of what good hotels to book in the Lincoln/Omaha area? What are the best places to eat? What are the best places to hang out on a football night?

Is Lincoln quiet like Ann Arbor is, or is it more lively on a college night?

As for Memorial Stadium, is there any difference between the fan experience Memorial Stadium and the fan experience at Michigan Stadium?

I'm just wondering, thats all.

Embassy Suites and The Cornhusker Motel are both downtown and within reasonable walking distance to the stadium. You will pay a premium on football weekends to stay there I've heard. $500 to $700 a night. I've stayed at the Embassy (non season) and it is very comfortable. Lincoln is not that large a city that you can't stay at another motel and drive close enough to walk to the stadium and most of the chain motels are represented. If you are flying into Omaha and renting a car you might consider staying in Omaha and driving into Lincoln on game day as it is only a 50 to 60 min drive (if you leave early). If you want to experience Lincoln the night before the game then by all means stay in Lincoln and enjoy the weekend and the game.

Embassy Suites and The Cornhusker Motel are both downtown and within reasonable walking distance to the stadium. You will pay a premium on football weekends to stay there I've heard. $500 to $700 a night. I've stayed at the Embassy (non season) and it is very comfortable. Lincoln is not that large a city that you can't stay at another motel and drive close enough to walk to the stadium and most of the chain motels are represented. If you are flying into Omaha and renting a car you might consider staying in Omaha and driving into Lincoln on game day as it is only a 50 to 60 min drive (if you leave early). If you want to experience Lincoln the night before the game then by all means stay in Lincoln and enjoy the weekend and the game.

Like some major college towns, with big time college football, book your hotel room near the stadium early. ASAP if possible

Valentinos and Runza's are legendary only in the sense that they still exist (I'm not saying I don't eat them, I am just saying they are honestly rather disgusting. Tasty yes. Disgusting for sure). Misty's is famous for the Friday night pep rally. Get some prime rib, it's ok.

Husker fans are great. I took an IA fan to the game last week and he had several people come up and ask him how he was treated and whether he had a great time.

Book early.