Chaos on the bases

Turn2

I'm interested to see what happens with the pitching rotation. I've heard talk of a couple guys cracking the rotation that really surprised me, including a kid that transferred from a small college here in Nebraska. He was pretty good there, but the fact that he could be in the rotation almost worries me a bit. Very excited to see what kind of work they can do with these guys.

Pitching will be the key to the season. Have no idea what the rotation will be, but we have a options, which creates competition. Silva has had a very good track record at his previous schools.

Pierce

Keller

Huber

Spitsnogle

Neiderklien

Lemke

King

I believe our closer will come from the group above that doesn't make the weekend starting rotation.

Spitsnogle is the one that baffles me a bit. I know he was pretty good at Doane, but when I heard he was going to be a starter (yes I heard it spoken that definitively from an immediate family member), I just don't know. I'll trust Silva with his history, but color me a bit skeptical.

Spitsnogle was third team collegiate summer ball all american. Had great summer numbers and has a chance to be a contributor. Another kid I forgot about (was reminded of today) is Ryan Hander. He is a little different from our other RHP's in that he is upper 80's FB with a 12 to 6 curve vs. slider.

I'm interested to see what happens with the pitching rotation. I've heard talk of a couple guys cracking the rotation that really surprised me, including a kid that transferred from a small college here in Nebraska. He was pretty good there, but the fact that he could be in the rotation almost worries me a bit. Very excited to see what kind of work they can do with these guys.

Pitching will be the key to the season. Have no idea what the rotation will be, but we have a options, which creates competition. Silva has had a very good track record at his previous schools.

Pierce

Keller

Huber

Spitsnogle

Neiderklien

Lemke

King

I believe our closer will come from the group above that doesn't make the weekend starting rotation.

Spitsnogle is the one that baffles me a bit. I know he was pretty good at Doane, but when I heard he was going to be a starter (yes I heard it spoken that definitively from an immediate family member), I just don't know. I'll trust Silva with his history, but color me a bit skeptical.

Spitsnogle was third team collegiate summer ball all american. Had great summer numbers and has a chance to be a contributor. Another kid I forgot about (was reminded of today) is Ryan Hander. He is a little different from our other RHP's in that he is upper 80's FB with a 12 to 6 curve vs. slider.

Did not know that, knew he was pretty good but didn't realize how good. Should be an exciting year

I really can't wait for baseball season. That's the first time I've said that since Anderson's first or second year coaching. The team just got gradually worse every year, so I'm glad we finally got rid of him. Hopefully Erstad can get things going in the right direction again and take us back to the CWS!