This will be the really great weekend!!

N Zone

Rory Johnson is coming this weekend. He is a linebacker that is in the mold of Super Demarrio. He is 4.4 fast and lightning quick. He is coming off an injury, but is another highly rated prospect.

Raymond Williams is also coming this week. Probably midweek, and he tore people up N the Army All American game. He is the Ohio football player of the year, and would be a great get.

These coaches are really amazing me.

This is freakin outrageous

Thx for the look NZone. Yes this is very solid. Also of note:

Callahan will talk to Rocky Hinds this week in hopes of getting him to visit. They will also go to the home of Roland Martin and Darryl Richard (DE).

And based on my Big Red crystal ball Ive got Vernon Smith, Mike McClaughlin, Jordan Reever(QB), and Andre 2004 Hall (RB) slotted for this wknd. Is that about right NZone?

BRM

It will be tough to get any of the others in my opinion. I would guess that Darity may be a top candidate for the next commit from Tally. He might like the idea of being part of such a great line. With Schuler from last year, Murtha, Incognito, and Muy this could be a line for the ages.

I think Manning the CB will end up at FSU

Gallon was more in with Pellini and I don't think it will be as hard for him to turn us down with Pellini gone.

What's the status of Schuler anyway??? He had blood clots last year. I thougt he was probably the best recruit we had last year. If friggin' Olsen wouldn't have decommitted this would certainly bring back the pipeline. In a few years, for two solid years, barring anyone from leaving early etc., we could have the best O-line in the league for two straight, consecutive years.

redout

Just heard that Jordan Reever may back out b/c he is put off that we landed two other QBs.

Also Ray Williams that Nzone metioned above is in Lincoln as we speak. Hope he brought his mittens!!

And some nsight about Rory johnson and Vernon Smith. both are a question about qualifying academically. With the acquisition of Knowles at LB coach from ole Miss this helps a lot with R Johnson, “It is between probably Southern Miss, Mississippi State, and Nebraska and Ole Miss.” He explained. “My top two probably would be Mississippi State and Southern Miss. Sunday after Ole Miss I will make my decision.”

Rory Johnson 1/12/04

And a good quote about Smith:

"His intensity level is off the chart. He runs and hits with the best of them. He’s a big-time hitter, a violent football player. That’s what every coach says when they see him play. They just marvel at the way he explodes through people." -North Lauderdale Academy coach Harold Pearson

me likey!

Actually just to update the rumor about Raymond Williams. He did NOT make the trip to Lincoln. Nor will Vernon Smith. We actually told them not to bother, since they are so far from qualifying academically. We are nearing our limit on visits, 56, and dont want to waste some on kids that probably wont materialize. Oh well, its nice to be able to be picky again for a change ;)