Ron Paul: Strike against Iran would risk a repeat of 'useless' Iraq war

Unfortunately, this is what discourse with the left has become. Can't argue facts with a conservative....? No problem................hurl a few choice descriptive phrases at them as cover. And to think, you and yours really believe your are so intellectually superior to the "baggers".

Interesting that you would claim that the facts are on your side after citing an opinion piece. How about this . . . I will rebut your Krauthammer opinion piece by citing an opinion piece from the Huffington Post. That will show you!

I think your inability to distinguish between opinion and facts illustrates the problem rather well. It makes things easy when the other side makes your points for you.

Well, I happen to believe the facts ARE on my side, just as no doubt you do as well. But, if you are comparing Dr. Krauthammer's take with the fluff from the Puffington Post, we really are won't have much dialogue, since he is a serious journalist with impeccable credentials and the Puff pieces are.......................well.................just that.

Oh . . . he has a doctorate? Well, then he is an elitist academic whose prose should be immediately discarded as untrustworthy.

That's how this works, right?

Nice try.........................unfortunately for you, those pesky facts keep intruding on your ideology....................

I believe he is a practicing psychiatrist (possibly retired now, with his new gig embarrassing liberals through the mere recitation of their follies)...........

But, as for those practicing liberal elite academics you mention.......................at least you've got that right. Congratulations.

Summarized:

Right leaning academic elites = fact based and impressive.

Left leaning academic elites = completely untrustworthy.

Seriously. You guys make all of the arguments for me. I don't even have to add my own commentary.

But since you're such a fan of Krauthammer then you must agree with him on abolishing the death penalty, climate change, evolution, legalized abortion and increased taxes on polluters. Very liberal of you, Comish. Very liberal indeed.

I'm a fan of his intellect and his prowess as a wordsmith, but not necessarily all of his positions. In fact, I'm not even aware of all of his positions. I just believe he can construct some pretty persuasive arguments. And, on those positions I agree with, I'm happy to have him as a spokesman and compatriot.

I'm a fan of his intellect and his prowess as a wordsmith, but not necessarily all of his positions. In fact, I'm not even aware of all of his positions. I just believe he can construct some pretty persuasive arguments. And, on those positions I agree with, I'm happy to have him as a spokesman and compatriot.

Well said.

Have any of you been following the stories about Ron Paul's newsletters? Holy cow. If he ever attains main stream popularity those will surely come back to haunt him.

I wasted a good deal of time in 08' battling the Paul gadflies on another forum and as such, am still vaguely familiar with most of the issues that came up with him last time around. It's important to understand here that before Internet message boards became widely used, many small circulation newsletters were passed around to special interest groups and frequently ghost written. Paul let his name become a brand of sorts in the libertarian minded survivalist and neo-confederate circles. It's fair to criticize his associates and apparent lapse in judgement, but the letters were ultimately not written by him. As an idealist it's easy to see why he's frustrated by the media circus enveloping (in his mind) non-issues and refuses to tackle them head on.

Anyway, I doubt it hurts him much. As I recall the topic of at least one of the letters was blacks and the welfare state, which sells itself to the Republican base and to a much broader audience in the current economic climate where the little people will eat each other looking for scapegoats.