Chances of WCO hybrid

godd2

I am curious about if the WCO doesnt seem to work better soon will BC be willing to adopt a hybrid of option/WCO...we have always been a power team...we have always went in a just simply beat up other teams..we have not done that lately...any chance he could use nebraska's natural talents and combine it with his WCO?

He'll dumb things down or use less plays, but no, he's pretty convinced the offense works. I remember an article earlier in the year when BC watched the USC game for the Championship from last year and commented that USC ran almost exactely the same offense as did Nebraksa.

True former, many of the guys we recruited were not the highly touted guys coming out of high school, but then again we were recruiting to a much different system. We were able to take those shorter guys who could get great leverage in iso blocking schemes and drive them back. When you pass 50% of the time however, you need those taller olineman so that the dline cant see over them and swat balls. The taller guys are usually more desirable for most teams, which is why they were rated higher, but it doesnt neccessarily mean that they are better lineman if the others are inserted into the right system. Having by far the best strength program in the country, which became nationally famous and is featured in lifting magazines and copied by hundreds of schools across the country, including my high school, doesnt hurt either. Without husker power, we probably wouldnt have been nearly as good a team.

If this is true, then why are so many of NU's past linemen playing in the NFL?