Big 10 vs SEC Recruiting

I have two questions that I would like to pose to my fellow Nebraska fans about recruiting in general. 1) Should the Big 10, as a conference, take a more SEC approach to recruiting and begin looking the other way and allow programs to violate every conceivable rule? And 2) only intervene when sanctions from the NCAA are imminent? That would give the conference what's called plausible deniability. Thoughts?

no, the B1G should push for NCAA rules that reduce the SEC's ability to cheat. it will never be entirely eliminated, but it starts by better rules for oversigning, med scholarships, 4 year offers, etc. it would be nice to some day put teeth in NCAA investigations and sanctions, or at least put stronger penalties on coaches that are caught cheating to dissuade them. in any case, i am proud that NU does not cheat and i'd just as soon keep it that way. i think most of the B1G feels the same, OSU aside.

1) NO

2) NO

It was said in the "clean program" thread about Bo that when we win a title, we will be able to look back and say, "We won and we did it the right way" instead of having our success splattered with investigations, sanctions, and broken rules. The SEC teams that break the rules will get what's coming to them sooner or later, and when it happens, we in the B1G will be able to stand on our pedestal and laugh at them.

Of course, this situation has been screwed up a little bit due to the tattoo scandal and the child molester situation. But as long as it is anybody other than OSU or PSU from the B1G that wins it all, the situation holds true.