Tom Osborne interviewed by Adam Rittenberg of ESPN

I hope he's right about several things. Please keep the bowl system in place while adding the playoff. Losing the bowl games would suck.

The bowl games will still exist. What the Powers That Be are concerned about is, what happens to the Rose, Fiesta, Sugar and Orange bowls when the top teams are playing in the playoff? Their attendance and TV viewership will drop down to that of the next tier of bowls, and they don't like that.

I'm still baffled by what it is about the situation that makes Jim Delany, the rest of the Big Ten, Tom Osborne and Harvey Perlman so staunchly defend the bowl games? I'm afraid that there's some ulterior thing going on, some back-room deals being made, that makes them so utterly support what is clearly a dying event. I don't suspect Osborne or Perlman of nefarious dealings, but I've learned over the years to never say never. I don't want some shenanigans coming back to haunt UNL. We don't need the bad press of our Great Coach being caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

That is what bothers me, too. I don't understand why they would want their fans money being spent in areas that don't benefit the schools and the local area where the university is located. It's so ridiculous. I'm sure I'm in the minority but I can't stand the bowl games and the bowl system. It's so corrupt. I keep saying this but if you haven't read 'Death to the BCS' then go read it now. And if you read that book and still firmly are against a playoff system and still are in favor of bowl games then you will never change your mind.