Husker exhibition games

We ended up winning 70-65...but ending the game poorly as an 18 point lead was nearly washed away completely. This game didn't mean anything obviously, but I expect us to beat UNO by a lot more than 5, and so does JD as he spoke out on the performance, that he did not like. I am sure all the small problems will be worked out and that we will IMO shock a lot of teams this year. There are plenty of young guys to be excited for that will be stepping up for us this season, as well as other juco players we have in B.J. Walker and Marcus Perry. From what I heard/read Walker didn't look good in last night's game. Perry on the other hand is supposed to be a tremendous shooter, which we will need in big conference games down the stretch. Scoring was spread out a lot in this game, which is why I am not taking this close game in for a lot to worry about...a lot of young ones played, and we may be just be testing/searching for what these guys will bring us. McCray had a decent game with 12 points (game high) and also 10 rebounds...the last exhibition game for us is on the 12th as we go up against Holy Family University, which should be a blowout.

Our final exhibition game was last night, as we won over Holy Family by a score of 76-54. We are still waiting for Joe McCray to show up and play like he did all of last year. Aleks Maric just tore it up last night with power moves, as he had 22 points, 20 rebounds and 2 blocks in only 25 minutes. If he has games like that in big 12 play, I can see us winning some big games this year...of course it was only against Holy Family so you can't take too much into that yet. JD ended up with 14 points. Freshman Jamel White hit on a couple threes, and had 9 points total. Attendance was 8015.