Jordan Larson Proves Impossible is Nothing

Jordan Larson Proves Impossible is Nothing

John Cook is a loyalist to the nth degree, so much so that the more Nebraska’s volleyball coach described Jordan Larson realizing her Olympic dream, the more he wanted to boil it down to something that had some snap, crackle and pop. Finally, after pointing out that achieving dreams is the foundation of Nebraska's program, Cook had a creative surge. “Impossible is nothing,” Cook said. “Jordan’s journey to London is just like the adidas slogan. For her, impossible really is nothing because she’s done everything humanly possible to achieve her dreams, and she’s a great example of what we teach and believe at Nebraska.”

When Larson was asked last month if making the Olympics was a goal of hers or if things just fell into place, one of Cook’s biggest-ever dreamers had an immediate answer. “The Olympics has always been a dream of mine,” Larson said. “I sat down with my parents at the age of 12 and wrote down three goals: 1) I wanted to start on my varsity team; 2) I wanted to play volleyball in college; and 3) I wanted to play volleyball in the Olympics. Many people thought I was crazy, but I sacrificed a lot to be in the position I am today.”