Joe Cipriano Nebraska Classic

More info about the tournament that Nebraska was putting on. Evidently, four host sites, and four of the seven participating teams will play in a bracket style tournie the last weekend. Interesting concept, and it looks and smells like it has a big Miles influence in here. Could be wrong, maybe not giving Boehm enough credit, but this was a pretty ambitious project, from the looks of it. Can't wait to see it unfold. Should be a good test for the team to see where it's at in terms of capabilities. Also be nice to see Nebraska and Nebraska-Omaha play for the first time, and see how the respective programs stack up. Hopefully, this becomes an annual event. Maybe try to build to a higher level of team as you go along.

Link here:

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=205571521

More info about the tournament that Nebraska was putting on. Evidently, four host sites, and four of the seven participating teams will play in a bracket style tournie the last weekend. Interesting concept, and it looks and smells like it has a big Miles influence in here. Could be wrong, maybe not giving Boehm enough credit, but this was a pretty ambitious project, from the looks of it. Can't wait to see it unfold. Should be a good test for the team to see where it's at in terms of capabilities. Also be nice to see Nebraska and Nebraska-Omaha play for the first time, and see how the respective programs stack up. Hopefully, this becomes an annual event. Maybe try to build to a higher level of team as you go along.

Link here:

http://www.huskers.c...TCLID=205571521

Good stuff........

If I recall correctly, Doc had categorically stated that he would NOT play UNO. I didn't understand that theory. Why not keep the receipts in state?

I think fans will be surprised at another area team when the schedule is announced shortly............

Agreed, Comish. I didn't really understand Doc's reasoning either, unless it was just a basic 'perception' that we should be playing tougher opponents. I think any time you can develop local rivalries, it helps everyone. I certainly believe that's the case with Nebraska and Creighton. Helps foster competitiveness on both sides.