Where is that post???

SDYote

When Devaney came in he went what 8-2 or 7-3 his first year, then went 6-4 his next year. He did not start the 9 win season streak until his 3 or 4th year. Right?

People back then, up until he played for and won the NC, didnt like him and wanted him to be fired.

People even wanted T.O. gone because he couldnt win the big game. He interview for the CU job in what 1978 and was offered the Huston Oiler job a few years later.

It took Bob D. 7 years to win the NC, Tom O. took 20 years, Solich none. Yes he led the team to the NC game against Miami even though NU did not go to the Big 12 Championship, and got spanked by CU.....remember 62 to ????. No one believed that NU should have been in that game.

Now we have a coach and guess what. Some people are not happy with Callahan. WOW imagine that.

We cant please everyone, some people will never be happy.

I see improvement in this team and will be better next year also

just needs a little more time

When Devaney came in he went what 8-2 or 7-3 his first year, then went 6-4 his next year. He did not start the 9 win season streak until his 3 or 4th year. Right?

People back then, up until he played for and won the NC, didnt like him and wanted him to be fired.

People even wanted T.O. gone because he couldnt win the big game. He interview for the CU job in what 1978 and was offered the Huston Oiler job a few years later.

It took Bob D. 7 years to win the NC, Tom O. took 20 years, Solich none. Yes he led the team to the NC game against Miami even though NU did not go to the Big 12 Championship, and got spanked by CU.....remember 62 to ????. No one believed that NU should have been in that game.

Now we have a coach and guess what. Some people are not happy with Callahan. WOW imagine that.

We cant please everyone, some people will never be happy.

I see improvement in this team and will be better next year also

just needs a little more time

Maybe. I just have this feeling that after another 5 or 6 win season next year, we'll be hearing this same argument again.

as long as we are improving then who cares.

What will be hearing if NU wins out?

reguardless of the improvement that we have had this year 99 % of the fans out there will be calling for Calli's head if we lose out.

Pedy needs to go now, you can not trust him.

How do you know when Pedy is Lying?---------His lips are moving

as long as we are improving then who cares.

What will be hearing if NU wins out?

reguardless of the improvement that we have had this year 99 % of the fans out there will be calling for Calli's head if we lose out.

I guess I (like quite a few others)dont see this improvement that you are speaking of. Other than giving up a few less turnovers, and turning the special teams into an average unit, there really have been no improvements. Squeeking by in one more game than last year isnt really an improvement. On the field of play, the team looks uglier every single week.

Pedy needs to go now, you can not trust him.

How do you know when Pedy is Lying?---------His lips are moving

:yeah

former------does NU lead the nation in sacks? has NU topped the punt return yardage from last year? has the passing game improved? have we won more games than last year? did TT beat us 70-10 this year? did OU beat us 30-3 this year? did we beat KSU this year? are we bowl eligible? will we have a losing record this year?

we lost to KU and Mizzu....teams that we did beat last year. our run game is worse this year.

as i see it we improved 9 different ways from last year against 3 steps backward.

that has to be progress. has this team better than last year? you have to say yes. will we be better next year? i dont know, only time will tell.

and in the end if you still do not see progress this year then we can just agree to disagree.

Sacks:

Maine - 11

WF - 5

Pitt - 4

Iowa St - 6

Texas Tech - 4

Baylor - 4

Missouri - 4

OU - 1

Kansas - 1

K-State 2

The number are going in the wrong direction overall during the season, and if you toss out the Maine game they are good, but not great. I do think this defense is better than last year (although I think last year's defense could have been much better than it was with some good adjustments in terms of system), but a lot of the improvement by this bunch has been predicated by a weak schedule.

Huskerwistrom: When you say this years schedule was weaker, what data do you have to back that conclusion up? What were the records and rankings of the teams in '04 vs this year through the same # of games?

Comparing the same teams is even better, for example, conference teams played in both years such as TT, KU, KSU, Baylor, ISU. I don't mean that the teams should be compared by the point spread from each year, but rather their ranking and their W/L each year.

if you look at the games that have been less then 4 sacks per game and the defensive scheme that coz put out there then you will notice that NU played alot more 3 man front and got away from the base defense and the QB's had carrier days. it is hard to get a sack when you have a mobile QB and only has 3 people rushing.

agree to disagree???

i see improvement even if others think it is not there

if you look at the games that have been less then 4 sacks per game and the defensive scheme that coz put out there then you will notice that NU played alot more 3 man front and got away from the base defense and the QB's had carrier days. it is hard to get a sack when you have a mobile QB and only has 3 people rushing.

agree to disagree???

i see improvement even if others think it is not there

I think mostly it depends on the strength and quality of the opposition's OL. Look at our offensive line and what has happened to Taylor. It is not the whole problem, but it is a large part of it.

When Devaney came in he went what 8-2 or 7-3 his first year, then went 6-4 his next year.  He did not start the 9 win season streak until his 3 or 4th year.  Right?

:wtfWrong.

1957 Bill Jennings 1 9 0

1958 Bill Jennings 3 7 0

1959 Bill Jennings 4 6 0

1960 Bill Jennings 4 6 0

1961 Bill Jennings 3- 6 -1

1962 Robert S. "Bob" Devaney 9- 2 -0 :worship

1963 Robert S. "Bob" Devaney 10 1 0

1964 Robert S. "Bob" Devaney 9 2 0

1965 Robert S. "Bob" Devaney 10 1 0

1966 Robert S. "Bob" Devaney 9 2 0

1967 Robert S. "Bob" Devaney 6 4 0