For East-Coasters; Live Stream Sites

Sub-Husker

Also, it APPEARS, from an updated coverage map, that some Huskers in Montana raised a ruckus. It looked like the NU game will now be available there, as well, on ESPN 2, while local affiliates of ABC will be carrying the Montana (State?) game.

I only saw it at a quick glance, so I could be wrong, but the map looked different than the original, earlier this week.

It is illegal because it is a pirate site, which hijacks the stream from the legit, licensed providers, like ESPN, ABC, or whoever. They do stream games, illegally, and make money from selling their own advertising usually via banner ads and scrolls.

There really is no gray area here, and it is no different than downloading a current theatrical film that someone recorded on their cell phone.

We can debate whether it SHOULD be illegal, and copyright, the direction of media and open-source, but that is a large topic, probably not suitable here.

In any case, it is illegal to stream a game you are not licensed for. Usually, the consumer does not get prosecuted, but schools and networks go to extreme efforts to shut down illegal streams. Often, they are caught and closed mid-game. I can see the allure, for people who have no other option, and YOU won't get in trouble, probably, but it hurts the networks and indirectly harms the schools.

Maybe a better example. In the past, NU made good money for our PPV games. I bought almost all of them. It was another revenue stream and helped athletics. The site that is now removed from your OP might also have that game. For free, even. For free for us, that is. But, NU would never see any money from us watching via these pirated sites. They would lose money that I would otherwise have contributed to the school via my PPV purchase.

I hope that helps.

Another good example is the Longhorn Network. To me, that one is unconscionable, as a fan. I'm sure plenty of Texas fans will be watching illegal streams, which also hurts their school. In that case, though, the LHN isn't available widely, even with their new deal. I suppose it's a bit more understandable, as a fan, because there literally are no options for many of their fans. But it is still, also, illegal.

• Fire 1

What the hell are you talking about?

It's a mirror game.

this is true BC vs miami is on abc in the east and Neb vs USM is on espn 2 everywhere else it is switched.....the only question is espn 3

The game is completely blacked out here on TV, including live streaming on ESPN3.

I'm in Florida. It's on ESPN2 here.

Sorry to the few posts that had to be modified or removed -- whether or not the link directly led to a free live stream, our policy is not to promote or allow discussion of circumventing the legal venues for watching the game. I can certainly emphasize with those of you who simply don't have an alternative. It's terrible.

I do not understand why the networks don't get ahead of this and offer either subscription-based, or pay-per-view options at reasonable pricing. IMO, that's the best way to quash illegal streams: give a legitimate option that is both higher quality and easier to find.

I hope we are moving in that direction (the NFL had such a package for all of their preseason games this season), but who knows.