For East-Coasters; Live Stream Sites

Sub-Husker

Hey I posted the same link last year and got burned for it. Just trying to help you out Sub.

No problem, I just want to know why it would be illegal.

Did the Mods delete the links?

That link was passed on to me by a friend, I really do not know much about pay sites or legal/illegal content.

Sorry to the few posts that had to be modified or removed -- whether or not the link directly led to a free live stream, our policy is not to promote or allow discussion of circumventing the legal venues for watching the game. I can certainly emphasize with those of you who simply don't have an alternative. It's terrible.

There are no legal venues for watching the game, what is being circumvented?

yeah, I took the links down. I want to emphasize though that you guys aren't being 'burned' for it -- but the necessary action will be taken on posts of that nature.

It's illegal because ABC/CBS/ESPN or whatever other network owns the rights to distributing the game. Those websites are not owned by these networks, but are distributing their broadcasts. That is clearly infringement; hope this explains it to those still confused.

yeah, I took the links down. I want to emphasize though that you guys aren't being 'burned' for it -- but the necessary action will be taken on posts of that nature.

It's illegal because ABC/CBS/ESPN or whatever other network owns the rights to distributing the game. Those websites are not owned by these networks, but are distributing their broadcasts. That is clearly infringement; hope this explains it to those still confused.

Burned was a bad word I guess, I was banned for 3 days. Burned sounded better than banned.

Thank you for the explanation.

However it does bother me when someone owns the right to a game, but refuses to broadcast it.

Personally, in that case I have no problem going to the illegal site (and not implicating this site).

Thank you for the explanation.

However it does bother me when someone owns the right to a game, but refuses to broadcast it.

Personally, in that case I have no problem going to the illegal site (and not implicating this site).

Yea that's how I'm watching the game today too, I'm stuck at work.

Like zoogies said, sympathies to those of you who have no viewing options.

However, there are people (in general, not implying of anyone here) who have ESPN2 available to them but choose to not subscribe and instead rely on illegal streaming. No sympathies there, as paying cable/satellite subscribers are subsidizing those people.

After waiting for a half hour in queue to speak to a person at Comcast, I spent the next half hour speaking to three people there, two of which were hard core CFB fans. There is no legal option for me to watch the game.

What the hell are you talking about?

It's a mirror game.

this is true BC vs miami is on abc in the east and Neb vs USM is on espn 2 everywhere else it is switched.....the only question is espn 3

The game is completely blacked out here on TV, including live streaming on ESPN3.

I'm in Florida. It's on ESPN2 here.

I live in OR and it's on ABC.

Like zoogies said, sympathies to those of you who have no viewing options.

However, there are people (in general, not implying of anyone here) who have ESPN2 available to them but choose to not subscribe and instead rely on illegal streaming. No sympathies there, as paying cable/satellite subscribers are subsidizing those people.

After waiting for a half hour in queue to speak to a person at Comcast, I spent the next half hour speaking to three people there, two of which were hard core CFB fans. There is no legal option for me to watch the game.

I don't care where and how you watch it. I just don't want to see huskerboard get shut down for allowing posts of illegal sites.