Facilities

I think the new facilities will only help to make recruiting easier. This staff is super at recruiting, and the new facility will make their jobs easier, IMHO.

How much of an impact do you guys think the new facilities will have? Would it have helped in years prior when Dollar Bill Byrne was here, and wouldn't spend money on anything?

Well the good fairy didn't just leave the jumbo screens and the sky boxes, those things were added when Dollar Bill was here.

Yes it is going to help recruiting. It is a long time going that we needed an update. Wonder what will be next? Extension on East side balconey would be great. More skyboxes? Extension of seats? What is reasonable for seating capacity? Reaching 90 thousand I would think could be done with the stadium.

Anyone else? I don't think sellout streak is in jeapordy. Build it and they will come.

I presume that the skyboxes were built under Byrne's tenure for revenueg enration! The video was there to get the crowds and especially to sell the boxes.

In contrast to that approach, the new facilities are for recruiting and, of course, to build a championship program. The additonal seats going in under this current project will, obviously, generate more revenue. Pederson is doing exactly what he did at Pitt, building facilities for better teams.

For years the Boyd weight center was the plumb of the country and certainly helped recruiting. But during the years prior to Pedeson, not much was done and we fell behind the rest of the top teams.