Sipple: Pelini Looks to Make Splash vs Alma Mater

From the Article:

"Nard clearly likes Pelini.

"He never fouled anyone, of course," Nard says.

He gives the G-rated version of the time Pelini went on a recruiting trip to Iowa the week of a basketball game against a city rival. A snowstorm pounded Iowa City. He had trouble getting out of town.

Game day arrived. The game started. No Bo.

"The game's going into the fourth quarter, and finally here comes Bo into the gym," Nard says.

Pelini's first shot hits the side of the backboard. Next time down court, Nard says, Pelini turns it over. He turns it over again, and Nard sends in a substitute.

"Bo said, 'Coach, what are you doing?' Nard recalls. "I said, 'What are you doing? You have jet lag. Sit here for a few minutes and watch.'

"I'll never forget the look on his face. He said, 'If I knew you were going to take me out, I would've stayed in Iowa!'"

Classic Bo. He recovered to finish with 20-plus points.

Read article here.

I thought it was an interesting read to here abuot a "young" Bo. However, Pelini should have stuck with basketball. Scoring "20-plus" points in the 4th quarter of a high school game while spending some of it on the bench. Very impressive; so impressive some might think the guy was exaggerating a bit... :P