Lobbyists ready for a Comeback

President Barack Obama’s gone further than any president to keep lobbyists out of the White House — even signing executive orders to do it.

But the mood on K Street is brightening.

Industry insiders believe that Mitt Romney will unshackle the revolving door and give lobbyists a shot at the government jobs their Democratic counterparts have been denied for the past four years, a dozen Republican lobbyists said in conversations with POLITICO.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1012/82415.html?hp=t1_3

According to Politico and some rumors. the only difference is republican lobbyist were out and democrat ones are in. Other than that really its status quo. Lobbyist are going to get to the president one way or another. That is what congress is for.

According to Politico and some rumors. the only difference is republican lobbyist were out and democrat ones are in. Other than that really its status quo. Lobbyist are going to get to the president one way or another. That is what congress is for.

your posts are so compelling with all of their facts, figures, and documentation.

Yeah . . . all Politico did was interview a bunch of lobbyists in DC.

There's no way that can compare with you saying that the status quo is the same in DC.

Whats the difference from politico telling you that someone said something, and me who lives 40 miles from DC, has friends and family who work in the government tell me something else. I am sorry that I am not a reporter who can go talk to who ever I want, write an article and everyone call it facts from god. I live in the real world, where what the people I live and work with are much more accurate than some reporter trying to get his numbers up. Tell me how we are supposed to substantiate either side. How are peoples opinions in an article the fact, when they are in fact speculating on what may or may not happen. Maybe the town hall debate should have asked them about it, then we would know the "facts".

Whats the difference from politico telling you that someone said something, and me who lives 40 miles from DC, has friends and family who work in the government tell me something else. I am sorry that I am not a reporter who can go talk to who ever I want, write an article and everyone call it facts from god.

Yeah. Everyone called it that. Everyone. (Did you mean that no one called it that?)

I live in the real world, where what the people I live and work with are much more accurate than some reporter trying to get his numbers up.

Awesome. :)

Whats the difference from politico telling you that someone said something, and me who lives 40 miles from DC, has friends and family who work in the government tell me something else. I am sorry that I am not a reporter who can go talk to who ever I want, write an article and everyone call it facts from god.

Yeah. Everyone called it that. Everyone. (Did you mean that no one called it that?)

I live in the real world, where what the people I live and work with are much more accurate than some reporter trying to get his numbers up.

Awesome. :)

it begs the question, where do these reporters live if not the 'real-world'?

Sweet so cruise past the post, make jokes on word usage. Its obvious you two are not going to change you mind, and that's fine. But when you post a opinion article, and someone disagrees with it, it is silly to complain about that persons lack of facts. Reporters live in a world that needs constant readers to read their articles and have no real checks against what they say in an article. Just like the articles meant to flame the husker fans by Texas or Missouri reporters, to raise the websites page hits. He has his opinions based on what people tell him, and I can have mine based on what people tell me.

Sweet so cruise past the post, make jokes on word usage. Its obvious you two are not going to change you mind, and that's fine. But when you post a opinion article, and someone disagrees with it, it is silly to complain about that persons lack of facts. Reporters live in a world that needs constant readers to read their articles and have no real checks against what they say in an article. Just like the articles meant to flame the husker fans by Texas or Missouri reporters, to raise the websites page hits. He has his opinions based on what people tell him, and I can have mine based on what people tell me.

who are these people and what are they telling you?

here is the authors people and what they are telling them.

"I've heard they are likely not to black ball anybody from any particular sector," said Republican lobbyist Sam Geduldig at Clark, Lytle & Geduldig. "I assume, everyone is welcome to apply. I'm sure they are interested in getting the best people possible."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1012/82415.html#ixzz29gPJPpOd

a lot of k-street talk among your family and friends where you live?