nailbiter game, some thoughts

I'm glad the Huskers went for the win at the end of the game instead of getting ultra conservative and sending it into OT via a field goal. My fav NFL team does that all the time and it drives me nuts. In OT either team can win. By getting the TD, it made it so only we could win barring a miraculous kick return play.

I watched the game at Hooters in Boise, Idaho with the Idaho Huskers club, a bunch of transplanted Nebraskans who want to watch games with their fellow fans. I love it. It's a lot like being back in Nebraska. Next week we host the local Penn State club. Should be interesting.

Taylor was clutch when we needed him to be clutch. That last TD pass was spot on. However, what was up with his interceptions? Sheesh. He made some extremely foolish throws right into coverage.

The loss of Burkhead is hurting us. We can still run, but our running game isn't as dangerous as before.

That rule where they don't stop the clock if a player goes out of bounds until the final two minutes drives me NUTS.

We had to overcome some bogus officiating. That late hit out of bounds was GARBAGE. He was pushed into the guy. I wish the league would review plays like that. There were also some extremely questionable pass interference calls. The one that stands out especially was an uncatchable ball thrown above the receiver's and the d-back's heads. Our d-back (forget who it was) got there right as the ball flew over their heads. How that's somehow warped into pass interference I don't know.

The Hooters waitresses have extremely nice derrieres.

On the first INT it looked like his arm got impeded some way that prevented any strength on the pass. You could see where he wanted to go with the ball, it just didn't happen. The 2nd was a bad throw, needs to be more towards the center of the field. The 3rd was a combo of a bad throw and a good play by Dennard.

I'd call this a good game by Martinez regardless. He gashed the D for over 200 yards when the only player they had allowed previously was Miller. He had a great drive to end the game, and a win is a win, you have to win and I don't care how you get it.