My only problem with the "he didn't know what a mess he would have" at Miami is that no wise person takes a job without knowing what he faces. Could due diligence have given him the picture?

Yeah, I don't necessarily disagree. I don't think there was much out there for him to investigate. Miami is a private school and in Miami where there isn't always a media focus.

From what I have read and read between the lines, I think Miami was surfing a rather slippery slope and knowingly left Eichorst hanging in the wind.

That being said, this is big boy business and I think both Miami and Eichorst did what I would expect -- Miami withheld info and Eichorst chose not to be "loyal." I understand both sides.

There may be plenty of ammo in the future on which to criticize Eichorst, I just don't think the Miami situation fits into that category.

Thanks. One would have had to do a lot of investigating to find out how bad it was and the best way would be to have openness and honesty from the folks down there.

Hopefully not true at all but you never know .........."I know nothing, nothing" (Sgt.Schultz)

I already miss Tom

Dirty Laundry Again

You realize Eichorst had nothing to do with any wrong-doing there right? And it's been hammered over and over.

I know that but Shawn suddenly quit with very little advance notice. Why? Coincidence? I thought Shawn was in charge by cleaning up Miami mess....obviously not

BTW, I was not a reporter for National Enquirer newspaper

Would you quit a situation like that for what is obviously a better job (nebraska AD over Miami AD=no brainer)? Be honest with yourself. It was actually probably a pretty easy decision for him.

I think Shawn's going to work out fine for us. All he really has to do is get along with every one and sustain.

Oh I hope so. However I distrust Miami Thugs background including AD job

:confucius Eichorst is from Wisconsin. He had the AD position at Miami for, what, 2-3 months?