HUSKERS in the NFL

Fanatic24

This explains so much about the thrashing we got in the CCG.

We got thrashed in the CCG because, we are completely undersized on the d-line. These last two years we have recruited bigger D-line players because of the conference transition. When your guy is being outweighed by 60+ lbs, expect to be bullied. Our O-line did fine against Wisky 282 yards rushing against a top 25 rush defense and almost 200 yards passing. Defense was the issue. Its even more sad when we had a player in position 90% of the time, but due to poor decision making, they were either burned or misjudged their timing and ended in front of the RB, allowing him to cut and make them miss.

This explains so much about the thrashing we got in the CCG.

We got thrashed in the CCG because, we are completely undersized on the d-line. These last two years we have recruited bigger D-line players because of the conference transition. When your guy is being outweighed by 60+ lbs, expect to be bullied. Our O-line did fine against Wisky 282 yards rushing against a top 25 rush defense and almost 200 yards passing. Defense was the issue. Its even more sad when we had a player in position 90% of the time, but due to poor decision making, they were either burned or misjudged their timing and ended in front of the RB, allowing him to cut and make them miss.

Undersized somewhat. Weak physically and bullied... big time. But worse still... our DE's in particular (with the exception of Martin) are deadly slow too. I think lack of quickness is at least as much a problem as is lack of size. It is odd... you would think that lack of size might suggest greater quickness... but not here. We are not playing fast and small... but slow and somewhat small.

we got thrashed because of a single injury and a complete lack of depth coupled with a coordinator/coach that is completely unwilling to rescheme/adjust to make up for the lack of size/injury - and instead slides a DE into the middle to take up space...of which he didn't take much up. completely inadequate line - same scheme as when we had Suh. baffling.

this against a team that had put up something like 1800 yards rushing in the previous 4-5 games. why if he couldn't see the writing on the wall still puzzles the hell out of me. we should have had 7 on the line, not 4 DEs.

That's my point. We will continue to get thrashed until we start getting NFL talent (size is a part of that equation).

That's my point. We will continue to get thrashed until we start getting NFL talent (size is a part of that equation).

Check our roster. The RS Freshman and True Freshman this year, are the size that Bo has been looking for. McMullen, according to Papuchis and Coach Kaz, has made a huge impact on our Dline, along with Valentine and Curry. Two of these guys would have been playing if Meredith would have never volunteered to move to DT. Bo, I think is looking down the road, rather than just this year. I think he sees a BCS shot with this two last classes he recruited.

Check our roster. The RS Freshman and True Freshman this year, are the size that Bo has been looking for. McMullen, according to Papuchis and Coach Kaz, has made a huge impact on our Dline, along with Valentine and Curry. Two of these guys would have been playing if Meredith would have never volunteered to move to DT. Bo, I think is looking down the road, rather than just this year. I think he sees a BCS shot with this two last classes he recruited.

Sure man. There's "always next year." And then there's "the year after that", etc. We've been saying this for 4 years. I wish everyone was as optimistic as you.

Sure man. There's "always next year." And then there's "the year after that", etc. We've been saying this for 4 years. I wish everyone was as optimistic as you.

If there wasn't "always next year", then what is there? If its not this year, then when is it suppose to be? We are getting better and better, so we have been getting closer each year. The negative people are the ones who can't enjoy the improvements and strides we have made since Bo has been here. Sucks for you guys.

I was simply giving you an example on how our recruiting has changed, and who we have recruited these last two years, with this year possibly being the best. Big, physical lineman, on both sides of the ball, where our problem lies.