UM gameplan

kramer

Lloyd gameplans to force the opponent to execute well and if they don't and Michigan does, Michigan wins. There is absolutely nothing tricky that they bother doing... especially this year on defense. They will barely blitz, and rush 3/4 D-linemen and force your QB to throw on our zone. If your QB is on fire like OSU's was, you will move the ball. If not, you will look alot more like Notre Dame did against us after we spotted them 14 points. I don't know what to expect from Michigan offensively. I really have 0 clue whatsoever on our random inconsistent offense. It depends on the if our QB has a brainfart or not and if the coachs gameplan to have him win the game, or just to manage the game.

The only way I can see Michigan using this game plan is if they have weak corners. It just doesn't make sense to me that against the WCO offense and what appears to be the lack of a deep threat you would sit in a zone. Colorado did, but I haven't been overly impressed with their corners.

I think the keys for the Huskers for this game is going to be:

A) Solid Defense - stuffing the power running game and pressure with the front four. This, to me, is obviously the key to just about every game.

B) A legitimate deep threat against their corners to force them into a zone (could this be the reason for the LJ at WR rumors?)

C) A short yardage game. I'd say a running game, but as we have seen with the WCO, this could also be Ross out of the backfield (or Lucky - if he can get over the jitters and catch the ball).

OUT.

i see NU throwing the book at them this game. Leon Jackson will see time and I bet that it will be an end around like the ones Nunn has been on.

if UM does start blitzing then i think we will see a lot of middle screens to Cory Ross.

if NU can shut down the running game and get pressure on the QB, Henne will make mistakes, then watch out.

a defensive game decided by field position and special teams........very interesting

:restore:power:restore