NASCAR 2013

HSKR

Instead of doing individual race threads, I thought maybe it would be easier if we could do one running thread on the whole season? Anyways, this week is Phoenix and old man Martin is on the pole breaking his own record for oldest pole sitter. Looks like the HMS cars are going to be strong with three of them starting in the top 5. Danica gets a dose of reality on a track where driving skill actual counts in qualifying. She starts 40th.

Carl breaks the 70 race losing skid. Way to go flipper. I can't believe the tow truck got that car off that fast before the restart. I thought we were going to have a couple of extra laps of caution and people running out of gas on the last restart. My guy Gordon continuing were he left off last year, terrible on restarts, good on long runs. Unfortunately, he needed more long runs today.

at least Jimmie didn't win!

Carl breaks the 70 race losing skid. Way to go flipper. I can't believe the tow truck got that car off that fast before the restart. I thought we were going to have a couple of extra laps of caution and people running out of gas on the last restart. My guy Gordon continuing were he left off last year, terrible on restarts, good on long runs. Unfortunately, he needed more long runs today.

This always baffles me, I can't believe how much people hate success in NASCAR. And people who like Gordon hating Johnson is hilarious, Jeff is the biggest reason Jimmie is even in NASCAR. Which makes me laugh even more when they get pissed at each other on the track.

This always baffles me, I can't believe how much people hate success in NASCAR. And people who like Gordon hating Johnson is hilarious, Jeff is the biggest reason Jimmie is even in NASCAR. Which makes me laugh even more when they get pissed at each other on the track.

its not hate, at least on my part. I understand how jimmie got his start. I am a huge gordon fan, but its like any sport, when someone wins alot, it gets old. Just like we hate bama, usc, or the gators. Thats just the way many people feel in the sport. Ill root for jimmie if gordon is out because I like HMS. But I was happy to see Carl win. If he drove a chevy and gordon was retired i would root for him every weekend. He is just an all around good guy and a great ambassador for the sport. No matter the situation he always stays calm and doesnt get all fired up blaming anyone.

its not hate, at least on my part. I understand how jimmie got his start. I am a huge gordon fan, but its like any sport, when someone wins alot, it gets old. Just like we hate bama, usc, or the gators. Thats just the way many people feel in the sport. Ill root for jimmie if gordon is out because I like HMS. But I was happy to see Carl win. If he drove a chevy and gordon was retired i would root for him every weekend. He is just an all around good guy and a great ambassador for the sport. No matter the situation he always stays calm and doesnt get all fired up blaming anyone.

If you're still talking about Edwards then... yeah I see it a little differently... He could be brought up on attempted manslaughter charges for what he did to Keselowski in the Nationwide series and he's a total tool. The guy's had some anger issues, he almost crushed Jr. hand after a race too when he side swipped his car and Jr. had his hand out the window. Drivers get hot, I get that, but you don't use your vehicle as a weapon. And I get the whole plugging sponsors thing (as much as I hate it) but the guy can't tell you how he feels or what happened after a race without having a 30 second commercail for all of his sponsor, it's rediculous. I hate sports figures for douchbaggery and sleazyness. That's why I don't like Bama, USC and the like, but I can respect the talent i.e. Kyle Bush. /end rant

Yea, nobody really hates Jimmie but that doesn't mean you want him to win races either. I respect his talent for sure. I think he is a good guy on and off the track as well. My biggest issue with him is he thinks he should be treated like a princess out on the track. Don't you dare rub a fender on his car or Chad will get NASCAR on you. I suppose Jeff could have been said to be that way as well earlier in his career but not anymore. Jeff will take matters into his own hands, ask Burton and Bowyer. Jeff will at least show you emotion in a race. Say what you want about Jeff, but Jimmie is way more plastic then Jeff ever has been. I guess you could say Jimmie took it to a whole new level of what Jeff brought to NASCAR being corporate.

I probably have a bigger issue with Chad then I do Jimmie as he pretty much runs the show at HMS. When HMS has an engine that gets a few more horsepower then what the others dynoed out at, you would be crazy to think that Chad doesn't have first dibs on it for the 48 car. Hell, he stole Gordon's whole crew for the chase because they were preforming better. That's the kind of crap Jeff had to deal with when the 24 and 48 where under the same roof. The best thing Jeff ever did was move to the other building with the 5. When they moved the 88 in with the 48, you knew some of those resources Chad was hoarding was going to have to be shared with the 88 to try to make them better. I think its interesting that Jimmie hasn't won a championship since Junior moved in to that building.

There is also the fact that Jeff has 87 wins and Jimmie has 61. As a Gordon fan I really don't want to see Jimmie catch and surpass him. Everyone thinks he will but the thing about Jimmie is he is only four years younger then Jeff so if you assume they race until about the same age, Jimmie will probably have to win about 5+ times per year once Jeff retires, which could be difficult to do, especially if Chad ever moves on because I don't know how good Jimmie is without Chad. To compare it would be like if Jeff had Ray as CC his whole career. He would probably be on championship #9 and win #130 if that had happened.

Yea, nobody really hates Jimmie but that doesn't mean you want him to win races either.

Oh people hate him alright, your stereotypical fan more than likely does. And most of the people I know that follow do hate him. Just another reason why I'm falling out of love with the sport.

If you're still talking about Edwards then... yeah I see it a little differently... He could be brought up on attempted manslaughter charges for what he did to Keselowski in the Nationwide series and he's a total tool. The guy's had some anger issues, he almost crushed Jr. hand after a race too when he side swipped his car and Jr. had his hand out the window. Drivers get hot, I get that, but you don't use your vehicle as a weapon. And I get the whole plugging sponsors thing (as much as I hate it) but the guy can't tell you how he feels or what happened after a race without having a 30 second commercail for all of his sponsor, it's rediculous. I hate sports figures for douchbaggery and sleazyness. That's why I don't like Bama, USC and the like, but I can respect the talent i.e. Kyle Bush. /end rant

I agree on Carl. I used to like him a lot but after seeing some of the things he has pulled and then what a slick talker he is makes me cautious of him. If Jeff retired tomorrow, I would probably be a BradK fan. I just hope he stays the same guy he was last year and not let the championship get to his head.

Yea, nobody really hates Jimmie but that doesn't mean you want him to win races either.

Oh people hate him alright, your stereotypical fan more than likely does. And most of the people I know that follow do hate him. Just another reason why I'm falling out of love with the sport.

Maybe it's the people you hang with? :)

I agree on Carl. I used to like him a lot but after seeing some of the things he has pulled and then what a slick talker he is makes me cautious of him. If Jeff retired tomorrow, I would probably be a BradK fan. I just hope he stays the same guy he was last year and not let the championship get to his head.

I do enjoy Brad, he's a little immature at times but it's fun to watch. He's one of those cocky SOBs that can back it up, but he's got some crazy views of what's going on sometimes.