A different tone here on HB...

My thoughts on the OP's videos: 1. It is a shame the Bell hit, and the Martinez run are tainted because our defense turned into 12 year old girls for the 2012 B1G Championship game...... 2. Watching any highlights from the Texas A&M game makes me sick. We were screwed, and that game felt like it was the hump that this program needed to get over. It felt like the program was really on the brink at that point....

Same here with the A&M. We had no chance in that game playing the refs. Didn't we get like 12 penalties in that game. That sucked for sure.

We probably averaged 12 penalties a game that year. All calls against us were valid except one. If you want to complain about the lack of holding on A&M, then you have a point. It's not like we made it too hard for the refs to screw us.

Huh? Did you watch that game..... There was a bunch of questionable calls in that game and a bunch of times the refs held on to a flag when they should have toss it, not just on holding.. One of the ones was the late hit on the aTm QB ( can't remember which DB it was called on). That was complete BS. I'm not going to relive the game in this post, but there are a bunch of examples of how that game was obviously called one side. I had two friends who were on aTm's roster (as walk-ons, they didn't play) whom admitted that they would have been pissed had they been on the other sideline. Obviously NU could have done some things differently to protect themselves from so many penalties, but to seriously make it seem like we were "THAT" undisciplined compared to the other team was downright ignorant. Not saying there was a conspiracy between NU and Big XII, but it wasn't like everyone was happy about NU's moving to the B1G the following season. And it was that way from the opening kick off vs KSU. Not to mention we had the only player to be suspended for a hit (block) that didn't even warrant a flag in the game. (Eric Martin on special teams vs Okie Lite)

This is the valid bad call on us that I was referring to. Yes I watched the game. There could have been plenty of calls against A&M's offensive line for holding. My point was we f'd ourselves most of the time and made it easy for the refs to job us. The only blatant one was the late hit on Osbourne. And yes we were that undisciplined compared to most teams. It's the calling card of the Pelini era. Get something going, and shoot yourself in the foot with a false start or other dumb mistakes. I doubt the refs saw Cotton getting pinched in the thigh, although to tack on another 15 yds on top of it was bs.

I'm one of the fans that thinks the Big 12 purposely f'd us for what it's worth. I'm just saying it was easier for them to get away with it because we made it easy by being undisciplined. If someone has false start stats for the past 5 years I'm betting we're top 10 in the nation.