E Gordon Gee to step down as OSU President effective July 1st.

Gee always struck me as a guy who was GREAT as a fundraiser, but terrible at PR. He resembles a caricature. Almost like he is following the "Animal House" method of collegiate career advancement. And thinks everyone else is, too.

I'm a little amazed he held on as long as he did.

Gee always struck me as a guy who was GREAT as a fundraiser, but terrible at PR. He resembles a caricature. Almost like he is following the "Animal House" method of collegiate career advancement. And thinks everyone else is, too.

I'm a little amazed he held on as long as he did.

He had the best fundraising years the school has ever had (even in a down economy). Not to mention that Ohio State "had the greatest endowment and investment pool growth of the 50 largest university funding pools in the year ended June 30, according to the 2012 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments" In this day and age (especially in higher education), money talks. That gets people the benefit of the doubt for a while.

You piss off Les Wexner and the BoT in Columbus you will find yourself in the river.

He pissed them off by bringing in billions of dollars to the university?

?

Did you read Schottenstein's comments?

Did you hear Schottenstein at the conference today?

You piss off Les Wexner and the BoT in Columbus you will find yourself in the river.

Very true. What does Gene Smith have to do to leave town?

He's cemented his spot. Since he took over, Ohio State has done very well in football and basketball and has either won or top 3 in pretty much every single non revenue sport.

How about how he handled the Jim Tressel saga? Smith and Gee did not handle that situation well.

You're talking about 6 months. I'm talking about 8 years.

That took no time at all. You think Ohio St. can stop pooping all over the Big Tens reputation after this guy goes? I mean, really ever since we joined the conference, Ohio St. and Penn St. has turned it into some sort of Pedo Tattoo Old Loudmouth Bonanza.

they've always been that way, you only notice because you play them now.

Cars and Tattoos have been in c-bus for a very long time.

That took no time at all. You think Ohio St. can stop pooping all over the Big Tens reputation after this guy goes? I mean, really ever since we joined the conference, Ohio St. and Penn St. has turned it into some sort of Pedo Tattoo Old Loudmouth Bonanza.

they've always been that way, you only notice because you play them now.

Cars and Tattoos have been in c-bus for a very long time.

And Chris Webber still took cash, Marcus Ray was still suspended for taking benefits, and the "fab five" still didn't win a Big Ten title.

Yes. THe Big Ten's reputation is about PSU and OSU's sanctions. Maybe if the other teams could maybe win some games, it wouldn't matter.

LOL.

This reminds me of seeing Sooner and Longhorn fans badgering each other on other team's forums.

It is starting to feel like home, again, in the B1G.

Thanks for having us.

PS: Let's just pray IOWA does not morph into Colorado, which may be too late, and is rather disturbing. 'Course no mountains to brag about in Iowa.