Legal questions...

Saunders

I know many are saying this recorded rant is cause for Bo to be fired (on it's own, it's not). But... I'm curious if it could end up in a counter-suit. My understanding is that depending on the state, you cannot record someone during a conversation without their consent and use it as cause for termination.

Here's Nebraska's statutes regarding recording: http://nebraskalegis...?statute=86-290

Anyone know?

The person recording him could face legal repercussions from Bo (if fired) or the University could take action against the person that recorded Bo right now if they want to do their own investigation. Or, the person who did this can step forward so we can publicly embarrass him/her but they won't because they're fully aware that if they did that, they would get SUHed by UNL. The university itself won't face legal ramifications for what transpired today unless if the person was somehow connected to UNL.

I know many are saying this recorded rant is cause for Bo to be fired (on it's own, it's not). But... I'm curious if it could end up in a counter-suit. My understanding is that depending on the state, you cannot record someone during a conversation without their consent and use it as cause for termination.

Here's Nebraska's statutes regarding recording: http://nebraskalegis...?statute=86-290

Anyone know?

The person recording him could face legal repercussions from Bo (if fired) or the University could take action against the person that recorded Bo right now if they want to do their own investigation. Or, the person who did this can step forward so we can publicly embarrass him/her but they won't because they're fully aware that if they did that, they would get SUHed by UNL. The university itself won't face legal ramifications for what transpired today unless if the person was somehow connected to UNL.

I won't claim to be an expert on Nebraska law. But, if Nebraska law permitted a claim to be asserted by Bo as suggested in your first sentence, or a claim by UNL as suggested in your second sentence, then Nebraska law would be quite unique to American law generally. Perhaps everyone is just enjoying some message-board speculation and no one is being serious.

But, isn't the University responsible for the production of the Bo Pelini Show. And, wasn't this taped by the production crew of the Bo Pelini crew? So, wasn't the University copable?

What is "copable"? A girl I dated in high school was copable (bad joke...probably only understood by guys older than 45). :hmmph Did you mean "culpable"? I'm going to pass on commenting further on some of the legal theories I've read on this message board...my comment is two posts above. I don't have two cents to add to the debate about Bo but I'm interested in the topic generally because it interjects a lot of noise and I wonder what impact, if any, that noise will have on this weekend's game.

But, isn't the University responsible for the production of the Bo Pelini Show. And, wasn't this taped by the production crew of the Bo Pelini crew? So, wasn't the University copable?

What is "copable"? A girl I dated in high school was copable (bad joke...probably only understood by guys older than 45). :hmmph Did you mean "culpable"? I'm going to pass on commenting further on some of the legal theories I've read on this message board...my comment is two posts above. I don't have two cents to add to the debate about Bo but I'm interested in the topic generally because it interjects a lot of noise and I wonder what impact, if any, that noise will have on this weekend's game.

HaHaHa, stupid phone, not the nervous type, thanks.