Michigan Losses

Of the 4 losses by UM this year, ND, OSU, MN & WI, the first 2 probably had comparable talent. But, the last 2 didn't. So, why did they lose them? I've heard from UM posters that it was poor coaching. Does this give the Husker fans some hope?

How do you think that MN & WI compare in talent to the Huskers? My sense is that the difference is the experience, since we have started/played 29 from the frosh and soph classes.

Our biggest weakness, in my opinion, this year was the OL. Considering how they played in Boulder and the extra work in the last 2 weeks, do we have even more reason to hope?

the losses to MN and WI just show that UM can be beat by anybody. Just like our loss to KU.

both teams need to come out ready to play. i feel that NU will be up for the challenge but i am not sure how UM will be prepared for the game. alot of them feel that they deserved to be in a bigger bowl because they were better then their record showed.

GBR-----9 hours and counting

How do you think that MN & WI compare in talent to the Huskers?

Very comparable. Though we run different offenses. Talent-wise minus the experience, I would agree with you that Minnesota and Wisconsin compare to Nebraska. I was surprised Michigan lost their home game to Minnesota this year. Minnesota is one of those up-and-down teams...either really impressive or ordinary. Again, anything can happen.

I think it will be important that Nebraska establishs a running game (something they haven't been able to do all year). I won't be surprised if BC tries to grind it out on the ground, then take some shots down the field. Both Minnesota and Wisconsin have decent running attacks. I don't think Nebraska can rely too heavily on the pass. Just a hunch.

Gad, I'm getting excited about this game. Hard to get any work done.

GO BIG RED

How do you think that MN & WI compare in talent to the Huskers?

Very comparable. I think it will be important that Nebraska establishs a running game (something they haven't been able to do all year). Both Minnesota and Wisconsin have decent running attacks. I don't think Nebraska can rely too heavily on the pass. Just a hunch.

GO BIG RED

Gotta admire the optimism.

Minn and Wisc have decent rushing attacks. hmmm.

well, Minnesota is the second best rushing team in the nation this year. I guess thats decent.

Wisc. is 42nd.

whats Neb? 110th.

Against far less opponents.

good luck.

rushing stats

i see youre backing off.

if you were really serious, you would have taken a gentlemans wager of $50.00.

You try to come over the top and bluff your way out of the bet by suggesting a ridiculous amount. (especially for a message board. lets be realistic.)

so ante up big talker...take the 50 dollar bet on 10.5 spread.

or should I try to out wager you? Lets go a million!

50 bucks, take it or leave it....but if you leave it, youre all bark and no bite.

Or all type and no bite. Either way, its sad.

well, Minnesota is the second best rushing team in the nation this year. I guess thats decent.

Wisc. is 42nd.

whats Neb? 110th.

What's your point? You just piece-mealed my entry to make it sound like I was stating that Nebraska had a decent running attack when I actually stated just the opposite. Having fun stirring up the hornet's nest?

I'm not bashing your beloved Michigan. Read my entry again, my friend, and tell me how you got anything to argue about?

Wisc. is 42nd.

whats Neb? 110th.

What's your point? You just piece-mealed my entry to make it sound like I was stating that Nebraska had a decent running attack when I actually stated just the opposite. Having fun stirring up the hornet's nest?

I'm not bashing your beloved Michigan. Read my entry again, my friend, and tell me how you got anything to argue about?