Nebraska Back on the Map After Alamo Win

On Gameday he just said that he talked to the head of Sunbelt officials and was told that since both Nebraska and Michigan players were on the field, it would have been offsetting unsportsmanlike conduct penalties and the game would have still been over. There would have been no replay of the down. So at least maybe ESPN and Michganders can stop whinning about that now.

On Gameday he just said that he talked to the head of Sunbelt officials and was told that since both Nebraska and Michigan players were on the field, it would have been offsetting unsportsmanlike conduct penalties and the game would have still been over. There would have been no replay of the down. So at least maybe ESPN and Michganders can stop whinning about that now.

I think we need to look at that last play.  Sure there were a lot more NU players, coaches, etc. on the field than UM, but there were certainly some UM players, coaches on the field.  What happens then?  If there was a flag, would they be off set or directed to NU for having more players on the field??

Two little boys walk into their mothers room and grab her purse. One grabs $5 dollars, the other grabs $1 dollar. Is one anymore at fault than the other?

It would be NU's fault because the mother went to school there, and NU should have taught her not to leave her purse where the kids could reach it. :sarcasm

What bill? You haven't answered the real question yet.    :lol:

What about the illegal participation by both teams and consequences involving a TD?

Sorry - actually had to leave the board for a while. Forgive me, Blackshirt, for I have sinned...

Offsetting penalties at the end of the game, with no time left...TD nullified, play over, NU wins again. See my post earlier in this thread as to why I believe that's the case.

Okay, about that bill...

They even had the lead official for the NCAA on ESPNEWS. He stated the only argument that could've been made on that play is if a Nebraska player that wasn't on the field at the snap had empeeded progress of an Michigan player. The official could have then ruled a TD regardless of field position for UM.

But looking back at the tape, they also would have had to call that on Michigan. Anyone who taped it, you can see a coach who almost throws a block on Zac Bowman. He runs almost stride for stride with the TE for Michigan as well.