WR Junior Hemingway

Player: Junior Hemingway

Hometown: Conway, South Carolina

Position: WR

Height: 6’2”

Weight: 205

40 time: 4.5

Visit Date: None

Scholarships offered: Michigan, USC (verbal)

Interest: Nebraska, Auburn, Penn St, USC, Georgia, Clemson, South Carolina, ND

Favorites: None

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: 2007 Top100 watch list

Bid Red Report: N/R

Assessing the talent: Junior Hemingway who already been named to the 2007 Rivals top100 watch list and is projected as a pre-season 4 star prospect is already receiving interest from several different schools. The only 2 school to offer him verbally are Michigan and USC at this point according to Conway head coach Chuck Jordan. Hemingway who has played both QB and WR is being looked at by Nebraska as a wide receiver prospect. Hemingway attended both the USC and Michigan camps this past summer and has been to South Carolina unofficially a few times this season on request by South Carolina wide receivers coaches Steve Spurrier Jr. who is also recruiting another target Nebraska will certainly pursue in non other then the infamous 2007 pro style QB Jimmy Clausen.

He finished his Junior Campaign with 52 catches for 846 yards and 10 touchdowns (avg 16.27 YPC). In addition to his receiving stats, he racked up 1200 yards (660 passing, 540 rushing) and 14 touchdowns as a QB. He also saw some duty as a DB this season in 3 games hauling in 3 interceptions. Needless to say, Hemingway finds ways to catch balls with his hands or make plays with his feet. Conway finished the 2005 campaign with a 9-3 record after finishing 2004 with an 11-2 record and a state playoff berth.

Here are some sample video's courtsey of WPDE tv. Those interested in some high quality videos, just let me know and once i get them, i will upload them onto my webpage server once it's up and running again sometime in January or early Feburary

*Look for number 5 in the videos, that's Junior Hemingway in the green uniform

Video 1

Video 2

Odds of becoming a Husker: To early to tell at this point, but the fact Nebraska is already in on him is a good sign.