Is This Board a Democracy?

I'm a new member recently. Been a Husker fan since I was born, 1964, but recently wanted to get more updated on recruiting and the football team.

I was reading about the "3 strike" policy and I wanted to challenge it. I disagree with it and wanted to tell you why.

Basically, it is a "law" to show bounderies. My problem with it is that the good hearted person is strapped with the "law" now, only he didn't need the "law" to know what's right, his desire is to honor the board, honor the other members and their views. The other problem is now the person that probably wasn't gonna do what's right in the first place, he plays his same game and knows the "rules", the "lines", the "law" and then he lives life right on the "line" and still frustrates the heck out of everyone else.

Example ... formerfan. I'm already sick of the guy. It's obvious, he's a "former fan". Why even give the guy any opportunity to speak? Well yes, if it's a democracy, you should. I don't think the board should be that. He doesn't need three strikes. He knows the game he's playing and he's havin' a blast doing what he is doing. All it does is leads to more and more sarcasism as he draws more members into his game and world.

As a former Pastor, I've seen his type, seen his game ... and wanted you to know that if you kicked him out I wouldn't mind a bit. He goes against the heart of what this board is about and has no sense of community. He doesn't deserve three chances!

Now, I know I have not "thought" through everything I've said, but if it were within my power, I'd not even give the guy a chance to sit in the stadium or even be on husker property. It's a priviledge to speak our minds, maybe he could learn a little bit about acceptance and respect for people ... but he isn't gonna figure it out anytime soon.

dedhoarse Look, the horse is getting spanked and all he does is sit there. He doesn't care! So it is with formerfan! Cut the losses and lets move on!

Sincerely and with no offense,

Sheepdog Mark

I'm a new member recently. Been a Husker fan since I was born, 1964, but recently wanted to get more updated on recruiting and the football team.

I was reading about the "3 strike" policy and I wanted to challenge it. I disagree with it and wanted to tell you why.

Basically, it is a "law" to show bounderies. My problem with it is that the good hearted person is strapped with the "law" now, only he didn't need the "law" to know what's right, his desire is to honor the board, honor the other members and their views. The other problem is now the person that probably wasn't gonna do what's right in the first place, he plays his same game and knows the "rules", the "lines", the "law" and then he lives life right on the "line" and still frustrates the heck out of everyone else.

Example ... formerfan. I'm already sick of the guy. It's obvious, he's a "former fan". Why even give the guy any opportunity to speak? Well yes, if it's a democracy, you should. I don't think the board should be that. He doesn't need three strikes. He knows the game he's playing and he's havin' a blast doing what he is doing. All it does is leads to more and more sarcasism as he draws more members into his game and world.

As a former Pastor, I've seen his type, seen his game ... and wanted you to know that if you kicked him out I wouldn't mind a bit. He goes against the heart of what this board is about and has no sense of community. He doesn't deserve three chances!

Now, I know I have not "thought" through everything I've said, but if it were within my power, I'd not even give the guy a chance to sit in the stadium or even be on husker property. It's a priviledge to speak our minds, maybe he could learn a little bit about acceptance and respect for people ... but he isn't gonna figure it out anytime soon.

dedhoarse Look, the horse is getting spanked and all he does is sit there. He doesn't care! So it is with formerfan! Cut the losses and lets move on!

Sheepdog Mark

AMEN sheepdogmark :worship:worship:worship:worship:worship

:thumbs:thumbs:thumbs:thumbs

Someone needs to be in timeout.

Sheepdog Mark

Thanks for the feedback.

If you look at the top of the page it says "All Opinions Welcome." It's kind of like the Heisman, vote for the "best college football player". Not well defined but everyone seems to follow it.

I will not boot anyone for voicing the dissenting opinion, no matter how annoying, how repetitive, how negative some of our members opinions may be. It will never happen.

Now on the other hand, you said,

maybe he could learn a little bit about acceptance and respect for people
If any member were disrespectful in any way, please hit the report button or conyact a MOD ASAP, and we will attend to it quickly. Acceptance, that's a tricky one, I would have to look at it on a case by case basis. If a member i simply trolling, that's an offence, he he's stating even a somewhat valid dissenting point, it goes and will be allowed. Much of this is looked at on a case by case basis, but I can't simply ban someone becuase 95% of the board doesn't accept the opinion.

Please let me know if I have cleared some of this up. BTW, if you don't like the person or the comment and you feel you can't respond appropriately, DON'T RESPOND.

All in all, we have one goal and it's a national championship.

:restore2:restore2:restore2:restore2:restore2:restore2:restore2:restore2

eric - go big red