Brent Wagner - Huskers training for second sand volleyball season

John Cook expects to see an improved team in the second season that Nebraska fields a sand volleyball team.

Nebraska has been practicing for about a week, and will play each of its matches on the road again this year during a trip to Hawaii and Arizona over spring break in March.

“We’ve already started at a higher level than last year,” Cook said. “We’ve gone from the freshman team, and now we’re to the beginning varsity team in a year. The returning players are all doing really well.

LINK

No word on pairings yet. They're still competing against each other to figure out who works well together.

From the "Notes" section on the bottom of the article - Haggerty won't play sand; she'll be focusing on getting healthier and stronger for indoor next Fall. The Big Ten flirted with a divisional format with the addition of Rutgers & Maryland but decided to keep things as they were. And Robo was down in Puerto Rico playing pro ball but has a shoulder injury and is now back in the States rehabbing.

Something else I forgot to mention from the banquet - they'll be doing more Wednesday/Saturday matches this year. I think Cook said there are only about two or three Friday/Saturday matches.

And Robo was down in Puerto Rico playing pro ball but has a shoulder injury and is now back in the States rehabbing.

Definitely do not want foreign team trainers/staff rehabbing you..imo.

I'll take a couple stabs at pairings:

K. Rolfzen - Wong-Orantes

A. Rolfzen - Hall

Ostrander - Fien