Coz and Elmo- Back again

What is being lost in this argument is that to assemble a long term winning program that will compete for championships a DRASTIC change had to take place and that simply means going through very tough times to build back up. Comparing what took place in a rebuilding year with what took place earlier is NOT what Pederson is trying to accomplish.

Who doesn't want to move on?

The following is from another forum of which I am NOT a member; it is a free public access board. From rojo:

The two coaches Callahan retained from the old staff got their head coaching jobs and moved on---Gill to Buffalo, Downing to Northern Colorado.

Of the coaches Callahan brought in, all have stayed tight. The opportunities to move have been there:

1) Cosgrove declines a move to the Vikings:

--"My family and our Nebraska family came first in making my final decision. I am committed to coach Callahan and the Nebraska football program, and helping build toward a championship here."

Notice the words:

--“our Nebraska family.”

--“committed to coach Callahan”

--“a championship.”

2) John Blake was approached by Miami:

--A year ago Miami probed Blake’s interest in a possible move from Lincoln. His reply: “I am totally committed to the Nebraska football program and helping us build a championship program here….”

Again the words:

--“committed”

--“championship”

3) Bill Busch says "No" to Urban Meyer and Florida.

--Busch was Meyer's assistant at Utah. When he took the Florida job, Meyer reportedly approached Busch about moving with him. Busch expressed his loyalty to Nebraska and let it go.

4) Dennis Wagner passes on a head coach opportunity at Utah State.

--A year ago, Utah State asked Wagner to interview for the head coach opening. He declined.

Other football programs approaching our coaches? It’s a measure of quality. A measure of what you’ve got. As we continue to catch national attention, there will be more of that.

A number of our assistants have overtly said that they want to be head coaches---Cosgrove, Norvell, Blake, Wagner and Shawn Watson.

But in the meantime, luckily for us, they are “committed”---to Callahan and to Nebraska. And “championship” figures in there as well.

The Bottom Line:

My thought: Let's appreciate it. Enjoy the compliment to our staff and program. There are lots of things looking very promising around Husker football these days….

Just some things to think about…

_________

In the interest of moving beyond debating the current with the past teams, I thought this is a good start on the FUTURE look and good times ahead! Roy

Elmo will never be a head coach. He bounces around to much from school to school. Honestly, i don't see him here in a year or so. I think he leaves for a DC job at some lower level school like Akron or Louisnana Tech or something.

Coz will be a head coach in a couple of years if NU continues to improve and build momentum. Cherish the time we have with him because the next DC might not be as good